Polishing Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerritoryBrew

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,

I have two 50l kegs that are stainless and want to polish them up so they are really shiny.

How do I do it?

Shiny kegs look flash but dont make better beer.

OR beer at all in same cases.

And then they get mash all over them, hosed and scrubed down, scratched, and then you discover that an uninsulated keg as a HLT or mash tun loses so much heat you need a power station to keep up with it so you insulate it and then wish you never wasted your time polishing the kegs.

Just my 2 cents worth :)

cheers

Edit: If your going to drink out of them....... then that is a different story but the beer wont be better :)

Metal polish.. did mine, very good. Depends on the condition that yours are in - mine were fairly good. If bad, may need seriousness (angle grinder etc)..

Cheers -- ike

Tony I just wanted them to be shiny... :p

I might just leave them, not insulating them as they are heated externally with gas.

I can probably live with dull grey and these have been used in anger and created some good beer, much better then the stuff that came out of them :blink:

Brand new ones aren't very shiny anyway, kind of a dull sheen.

I am with Tony, don't polish......... How much time do you waste and how many mashes could you do in the time it takes to have bling in your brewery.
Same thing with my motorbike "chrome don't get you home" the work is done where it counts.

Make beer not bling. :p

Latest posts

Back