Pockethops!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chops

Reaction score
Anyone seen this in OZ?

What is POCKETHOPS? This patented combination of ULTRA CONCENTRATED hops extract and hops oil makes it possible for you to change ANY beer into a much "hoppier" version - each 30 mg (.0011 ounces) addition raises the IBUs (International Bitter Units) a full 10 units ! Want more bitterness? Add more POCKETHOPS ! It's totally up to you !

Why POCKETHOPS? So, generally you enjoy a craft or import beer which is well hopped. But the places that life takes you don't always cater to your needs. Maybe you will find yourself at a baseball game, party, tailgater, or in a bar or nightclub and they just don't serve a your favorite craft or import beer - or even a decently hopped beer. Or maybe you just couldn't resist the "Happy Hour" prices. This is the PERFECT solution for you! Simply add a dash (recommended 30 mg) of POCKETHOPS and *presto-change-o* you have a new and interesting beer, bursting with hoppy bitterness !

Hilarious! :lol:
Pocket Hops

That'll go down well in a club. Tipping a little vial of stuff into your drink.

yummo HOPPY whiskey.

:lol: funny stuff.

Presumably, not dissimilar to the liquid hops that Ross sells (but without the OTT yankee infomercial type write up :p )

LMOA, I was thinking along the same lines a few weeks ago. Being one who dabbles occasionaly with the extractions of botanical material, I got to thinking about whether the hop holds it's flavour in it's trichomes, and how one would go about making a crude tincture to be used as a finishing additive. But then rationality and logic took over as it often tends to do, and I asked myself hy the hell would one bother, when one can just throw a 'teabag' into the mix with no hassle, no significant downtime etc.

Brain sometimes works too hard. Time for another beer :lol:

LMOA, I was thinking along the same lines a few weeks ago. Being one who dabbles occasionaly with the extractions of botanical material, I got to thinking about whether the hop holds it's flavour in it's trichomes, and how one would go about making a crude tincture to be used as a finishing additive. But then rationality and logic took over as it often tends to do, and I asked myself hy the hell would one bother, when one can just throw a 'teabag' into the mix with no hassle, no significant downtime etc.

Brain sometimes works too hard. Time for another beer :lol:

Know the feeling, man. Just ask Muckey....he still has bottles in the back of the fridge with home made crude tincture I did when first experimeting with hops.....it actually works quite well. I did it in 150ml batches (from memory) with enough hops so that 1mL=1 IBU (ish). 5mL (1 teaspoon) in a glass of fairly flavourless kit beer, it was a great way of seeing the different flavour that different varieties gives. Even made megaswill taste reasonable. :lol:

$25 for 3g!!

:eek:

Would it be cheaper to buy the other 'mind bending' vials to add to my drinks at the baseball or a nightclub? :icon_vomit:

I lol'd. It's a fairly creative concept, even if it is a bit silly.
:D

Latest posts

Back