Plumbing Connection Lesson - From A Plumber :)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't mind me, I'm just a fitter come fridgey.

I've even started calling silver soldering welding.

planned it but the plan fell in a heap so i knocked it up as i went.

I hooled up the outlets from the vessels first then hooked them up to the inlet of the pump

them i worked on the outlet side and did it bit by bit.

I just got a new job working a 9 day fortnight............ roster day every second week :) hehehe

cheers

Yeah right-O, rub it in. I think I have seen one of your stubbie holders which has a calendar printed on it and different coloured squares for different days of the week. Has more coloured RDO's than coloured day's at work if I remember corectly...

Only a sparky would mount an electrical control box under a HLT.The fitter would put it in a more user friendly position. :)

Big D :ph34r:

Stands out hey BigD

Fitters unite !

Batz

:D shall i rub it in a bit more batz
Yeah ok.Up my way we work a 4 days on 4 days off roster.FiFOs do a 8 days on 8 days off roster.Very hard to handle. :lol:

Cheers in days off
Big D

:)

ahhhh here we go.

have you fitters ever heard of an IP rating???

and where would you have put it?

overthe top of the kettle. thats where the fitters i work with would have put it :)

I didnt wantto go wider and heat rises.

It is an electric HLT and no heat got into the box from the hLT.

Yeah i bit...... i know .....but a silly poke in the ribs needs a good bite i recon :)

cheers

PS, Big D, you seem to have a real problem with te panel and its location.

what would you have done?

seriosly, in interested. i might be smart but i dont know everything.

cheers

oh and batz...... only a leco could build a panel like that to mount under the HLT :)

and i can stick, mig, tig, oxy weld, oxy cut, use a plasma cutter, i can even ues a broom ............. the list goes on.

I have worked with some great fitters over the years. better tradesmen than most leccos i have worked with. Just the ones i work with now are losers. I have seen rotted out pipes that have been "patched" several times when replacement would have taken half the time...... its sad!

just having a poke mate :)

cheers

how much do you pay in postage for a bag of grain Big D ?

:D Great bite Tony.
I dont like having to bend down for something that could have been placed in a better locale so if and when i get around to building a great set up like you have done i would be more inclinded to put it over to the left or right of the kegs at a level so as not to bend down.Maybe even raise a section up to place it at a level your happy with so as not to bend down to hit a button etc.Im just thinking of ergonomics as its what is contineualy punched into us at work.

Cheers
Big D

Double the price of a bag of grain and your on the mark Tony by the time you add on road and sea freight costs.Havent bought recently but i believe the sea freight cost from Darwin to here has gone up heaps.

Cheers
Big D

oh and batz...... only a leco could build a panel like that to mount under the HLT :)

and i can stick, mig, tig, oxy weld, oxy cut, use a plasma cutter, i can even ues a broom ............. the list goes on.

I have worked with some great fitters over the years. better tradesmen than most leccos i have worked with. Just the ones i work with now are losers. I have seen rotted out pipes that have been "patched" several times when replacement would have taken half the time...... its sad!

just having a poke mate )

cheers

Sorry Tomy
Missed that reply till now :blink:
Are you saying you don't like fitters?
No no No man I can't believe that !
Fitters !!
Fitters!!
Fitters!!

Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet mate
All the nice fitters raise a glass to you :ph34r: :
Batz

must be a bugger mate. I am always looking for ways to cut back on postage. I get my old man to pick up my grain orders from MHB and i get them from him when i see him :)

otherwise its $1/kg average for a bag or 3 of grain.

i am only 5'10" amd 76kg. Im only a litle fella..... i have to squat down to get to the taps on the system so the panel isnt a prob
each to theit own

I have designed a bracket to hold the panel out beside the HLT as you sugeated but where it is is neat and simple and the box is watertight .

only need to make a SS shroud for the pump. waret gets in it too easy.

might do that tomorrow.

cheers

I will raise a glass to Tony. :chug:
Im nice really i am :rolleyes:

I have worked with some great fitters over the years. better tradesmen than most leccos i have worked with. Just the ones i work with now are losers.

read batz.....

i have no problems :)

oh my alcahol problem but we wont talk about that :)

cheers

Long Live The Fitters
Fitters Unite

tdh

What about solinoids insead of valves, and a remote control, and a fully automated progam generated from promash or beersmith

You elecs and your manual controls lol

BTW: very nice setup tony, well thought out and very well executed

Ahhh i was waiting for a bite from you GT :)

berazafi...... dont wory, i have a PLC and can program citect........ its on the books for one day :)..... full automation from the lounge room

but not just yet :)

cheers

Latest posts

Back