Plastic Airstone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhouken

Reaction score
Spotted a plastic airstone in the local pet shop. Better idea than using a standard airstone or is the stainless version from CB the way to go?

Spotted a plastic airstone in the local pet shop. Better idea than using a standard airstone or is the stainless version from CB the way to go?

I wouldnt use any airstone after buying one a few years ago. The moisture build up in the filter never looked good to me, the stone had traces of rust on it after a few uses, my attentuation was never any better, the frothing was a total pita. It now lies with many many other unused brewing items. These days better bottle fermenters are grouse for shaking n rolling very vigoursly combined with good pitching rates active starters gets me over the line. If I was to go down the aeration path again for the first time i`d lean towards the cylinder gas.

Search for the recent 'Cleaning/Sanitizing Airstone' thread, where someone suggested he liked the plastic ones because they could be pulled apart to sanitize them more easily.

Latest posts

Back