Planet Beer - The Beer Show

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linqkster

Reaction score
REMOVED BY MYSELF DUE TO EMBARRASSMENT AND TRYING TO PRETEND TO BE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE SHOW. SORRY FOR BEING A DICK. :beerbang:

Good to see someone having a go.

Had a listen, found it hard to get any further then the "VB's a good drop" comment though....

Isnt this post by linqkster a blatant advert, I think it should be in the Trade section, as for some reason I doubt linqkster knows his grain mill from his final gravity

I immediately thought the same thing sinkas. Registered yesterday, 1 post today telling us to subscribe to a podcast.

If you're involved in the project linqkster, why not simply say so, rather than pretend you happened upon it whilst checking out the iTunes Music Store?

Gota say I couldn't really give a beep if it is advertising .. and always glad to hear about a new beer podcast. Getting caught austroturfing is a bit embarrassing.

The only annoying thing is that the RSS feeds don't work - and whats the go with having to use quicktime to listen to them - just give us an MP3 link .. nice and simple.

edit: Fixed the link: This seems to work

http://www.thebeershow.com/planetbeer/Podcast/rss.xml

The RSS link wasn't working for me earlier today, but then did kick in around lunch time enought to download and sync to my iPod.

Beers,
Doc

Man .. this show is the pits .....

They reckon VB is great ......

You have to put up with VB radio adds throughout the podcast .....

They have home brewed once many years ago and it sounds like it was a gusher ... either infected or over primed .. It is a little bit of a put down for home brewing.

They reckon beer is better (Lager) the older it is .. three years old and going ....

This is the first podcast I have ever deleted .... I wish I could burn and torture it.

Beer radio has never been so sad.

Podcast feed deleted. I recommend to anyone else that they stick to GLS, the brewing network or basic brewing if they want a decent brewing podcast.

Jagungal said:

They have home brewed once many years ago and it sounds like it was a gusher ... either infected or over primed .. It is a little bit of a put down for home brewing.

They reckon beer is better (Lager) the older it is .. three years old and going ....

This is the first podcast I have ever deleted .... I wish I could burn and torture it.

Podcast feed deleted. I recommend to anyone else that they stick to GLS, the brewing network or basic brewing if they want a decent brewing podcast.
[post="118782"][/post]​

Maybe on their lost little planet of beer all they can find is VB.

I could go on and on and on but I have better things to do, like read the paper.

ALL about Beer mag had a fairly positive review of Fosters brewed in Vietnam, that just boggles the mind...

Jagungal said:

[post="118782"][/post]​

This is a exellent review jag, makes me want to listen just so i can bag it out aswell. :ph34r:
Top darts. :super:

Nothing to see here move along
Jayse

linqkster said:
WOW, talk about tall poppy syndrome!
As a matter of fact I have nothing to do with the show. I'm just someone looking to learn more about beer and that is what they seem to be doing as well.

What a complete and utter load of total @#$@#$@ !!!

I did a net search - it seems that someone with the same nick as you has been adding this show to directories and posting all over the net.

Your nick pops up all over the place advertising the show .. and in one interesting thread on general podcasting and how to make money out of it.

It seems that you even have an email linking you directly to the show, you are asking about a business plan for your new podcasting venture. The email on the address is the thebeershow.com.

What was given here is a subjective and honest review of a show ? Nothing more. Your previous dishonest astroturfing was even over looked.

So what do you actually brew Jason ? do you brew at all ? I doubt it .. your a dishonest VB swilling astroturfer who is trying to make money out of podcasting.

Most people would have said .. oops to that one and maybe appologised.. not went on the attack and continued the dishonesty.

Sorry Jason, but your credibility is zilch .. about the same as the quality of the show.

linqkster said:
You guys want people to enjoy beer and start to take it serious, but as soon as someone tries to educated the general public, you cut them down.

This show has nothing to do with educating anyone. It supports VB and it is full
of VB advertisments - which means that it is probabally paid for by CUB.

It also seemed to denigrate the art of home brewing ...

linqkster said:
You can sit back in your little boys club and bag the show show if you like or even better why not email them and give them feed back like they ask rather than bad mouth them.

Just reviewing the show. The less people that listen to it the better, even it is does upset CUB and a dishonest astroturfer.

linqkster said:
If your such experts, let them know how to make the show better, so then you can then enjoy listening to it to.

There are heaps of good beer brewing podcasts out there. One is able to do a review without having to worry about changing how someone does a show. Considering the fact that thier show is plastered with VB adds, I doubt they are
suddenly going to change.

If someone wants a good beer brewing podcast .. as I said .. check out radio.craftbrewer.org, www.thebrewingnetwork.com (various shows) or www.basicbrewing.com (who recently talked about our forum here). All quality
shows done by good honest home brewers.

Onya Jagungal, proof this was spam, i think "the beershow, was originally, or possibly still is a cable tv beer /mullet lifestyle show, backed by a big brewery, or maybe they got downsized to podcasts due to ratings..?

the jock who made the post, must have a warped impression of this websties contect, surely 5 mins browising would see this is a brewing forum, and not a piss sucking, barbies, utes and mullets forum.

oh well, back to it I guess.

Vote 1...Jagungal....
now AHB's highest rank detective.
love yer work... funny stuff.

come back linqkster, we need your rebuttle.
come and educate the general public.

ok, I lied to help promote the show. Sue a guy for trying.
As you know the only way to have a successful podcast is to have people listening to it otherwise you might as well just talk to yourself.

I thought by saying "hey, i've just launched a podcast and you should listen to it" would have been met by don't used the site for advertising your podcast.

Yes I do want to make money from promoting to good side of beer. If it means educating people about it along the way I don't see a problem with that.

The first 2 episodes were purely pilot episodes to show how sponsors could see how the show worked. CUB have just agreed to be involved but only as Matilda Bay and not VB and in a very small way.

As for me being a VB drinker..... I don't think so. I don't mind the VB original but I refused to buy what my mate from the Good Beer Show in the USA calls Big Brother Beers.

The show is designed to give the smaller breweries a chance to get their products out to the world, without the big expense of TV ads like the big boys do.

I regards to you comment about me being a home brewer...... I have tried and that was one another reason I started the show. It was a total disaster so I called in an expert to help any that is why our TV pilot of the show has a Home Brew segment that was sponsored by Coopers Home Brew.

Again, I appologize for lying about not being involved with the show but I just want this show to be a success and for people to start enjoying real beers. The ones without the preservatives.

My offer still stands for tips on what home brewers would find interesting on the show. We are looking at doing a show from a Home Brew Club meeting and sampling their beers and talking to the brewers.

Sorry again

:(

Unfortunately for you linqkster you have done more damage to yourself than good by your method.The majority of people on this site are pretty well versed in beer and anything out of the ordinary is exposed pretty quickly as you have found out.

Its got me beat why people like yourself are just not upfront first up.We all like to learn more but your way is not on.
Be up front and see what happens.
Either way i wish you well in your endevours.

Cheers
Big D

Classic. If I had a pool room, this thread would go straight there.

I had a listen to the first show - I gave it a go from start to end, promptly unsubscribed and deleted the two shows I'd downloaded. It's utter rubbish.

As a listener of Basic Brewing Radio, The Brewing Network (Jamil show in particular), Craft Beer Radio and Craftbrewer Radio, I don't really NEED other brewing or beer related podcasts unless they're going to educate and entertain me. For me, listening to The Beer Show was a waste of time with unqualified educators trying to teach subject matter they don't understand. I'm only an apprentice brewer and only teach others what I know is fact.

I don't care that you guys are only on the third show and still learning, you still need to have the knowledge of your subject matter.

Oh, and as for feedback... looks like you've got it in this forum. We're actually a great bunch of girls and guys, but we're also the sort of people who question everything, love researching things (as can be seen by Jagungal's post) and think outside the square. If you want to know what hombrewers look for in a podcast, check out the podcasts I've listed above for pointers.

If you'd approached AHB similarly to your last post, asking for feedback on your new show, you more-than-likely would've been received better than the deceitful fool you've been has.

You need to get some aluminium foil underpants and a satellite dish connected to an eftpos machine, and then you head out to sea to find some whales.....

or something

dreamboat

Back