Pizza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cos i wanted to throw it out there, i dont use a pizza tray, i use a pizza stone. Put it in the oven and let it warm up with the oven. When temp reached slide pizza onto stone. Means both sides are cooked evenly. No more soggy bottomed pizzas!

Tis for those of us who dont have the pizza ovens being shown which are making me very jealous.

My fave topping is fresh tom sauce, good ham, vine ripened toms and a fresh mozarella ball sliced and added between ham and tomato. A sprinkling of fresh basil and oregano and a drizzle of olive oil.

Simple but delish.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Those crazy Japanesies!

Yeah, and they will pay the equivalent of AUD $45 for a Domino's Pizza too! Personally five bucks is too much for me, but strangely I have begun to like corn and Kewpie mayonnaise on pizza now :blink:

What about Pizza flavoured beer.

From here

Seefurth, of Campton Township, was home one day last fall brewing beer and threw in some tomatoes, oregano, garlic and basil. He stumbled onto pizza-flavored beer, which is turning into a successful business venture.

People thought we took a bottle of beer and shoved a piece of pizza in it, he said.

The pizza beer is served in a 10-ounce wine glass for $4 and tastes of oregano, onions and tomatoes. It is meant to be enjoyed with pizza and pasta.

Patrons reactions were mixed.

Chuck and Mary Moon of Aurora had the pizza beer in a sampler and said they liked it a lot.

Its like you spilled beer on your pizza and took a bite, Mary Moon said approvingly.

Her husband liked it so much he ordered a glass to have with his pizza.

Kara Marshall of Montgomery and her three friends disagreed.

It was gross, she said. It was nasty. I would never pay for that.

Doc

Just cos i wanted to throw it out there, i dont use a pizza tray, i use a pizza stone. Put it in the oven and let it warm up with the oven. When temp reached slide pizza onto stone. Means both sides are cooked evenly. No more soggy bottomed pizzas!

Tis for those of us who dont have the pizza ovens being shown which are making me very jealous.

My fave topping is fresh tom sauce, good ham, vine ripened toms and a fresh mozarella ball sliced and added between ham and tomato. A sprinkling of fresh basil and oregano and a drizzle of olive oil.

Simple but delish.

Cheers
DrSmurto

I use a pizza tray but it has holes drilled through it to allow the base to cook as well and its non slip. :super:

wow. this is a great thread guys.

my favourite pizza at the moment is to buy pre-made bases (although in future I'll be using the recipe in the first post) with some thinly sliced sweet potato and blue vein (roaring forties) cheese!

whack some pizza sauce on the base, sprinkle a small bit of grated cheese to hold the ingredients together, put your sweet potato and cut/crumbled blue vein on top, a little bit of cracked pepper, cook in the oven on the pizza tile for 7 - 8 minutes at the highest setting (usually around 250c), pull out, whack some salt flakes on it, cut it, eat and drink beer.

I'm extremely jealous of those with pizza ovens, but will definately be building our own ASAP!

Jason.

for super thin sliced potatoe (sweet or not) use your vege peeler ;) cuts super thin so it cooks super well. boh!

so, what yeast do you use in YOUR pizza base?

lol

:D

Got a request from this 3 yesterday for daddys special pizza!

They stood and supervised the whole process, including helping to spread flour all over the kitchen.... it wasnt me :)

ApprenticePizzeChefs.jpg

Made them a simple ham and cheese pizza that they enjoy...... there was only one slice left in the end... not bad.

KidsHamCheese.jpg

Good food is made with good fresh ingredients. I cooked some bacon with rosmary from the garden and garlic. Some fresh chicken thighs with petter and dried oregano, cooked fresh mushrooms, Cherry tomatoes strait from the vine,Miniture Basil and flowering Oregano from the garden. Pizza base made with home grown tomatoes stued down with onion, garlic and basil, fresh bread made with some of the base dough for garlic bread. Oh and beer :) The base is basicly bread with some olive oil mixed in.

PizzaIngredients.jpg

Made 3 pizzas...... From left to right......
No.1 - bacon, chicken, halved cherry tomatoes, basil, oregano and cheese.
No.2 - Hungarian mild salami, cooked mushrooms, black olives, basil, oregano and cheese.
No.3 - Hungarian mild salami, a few mushroons, cherry tomatoes, a few black olives, 1 chopped hot chilli, seeds and all, basil, oregano and cheese. (ooooo it was hot too :))
HEre they are just before they went into the oven. Cheese was a bit of packet pizze sheeze and the little balls of bocconchini.

Pizzebeforecooked.jpg

And here they are cooked.

Pizzeaftercooked.jpg

ANd the rest is history :)

cheers

They look the goods Tony, My mouth is watering :)

Last weeked we had a shindig at our place for about 60 or 70 people and hired a wood fired oven for the weekend. I made Dig's roasted tomato sauce which is the dog's bolloxs and about 10 dough balls and then through a friend of a friend got the majority of pizza dough from a local cafe with a WFO. Here are a few of my creations with the leftovers.
Ham, marinated eggplant, bocconcini
IMG_3206.JPG
Finished result
IMG_3211.JPG
Pepperoni, olives, roasted capsicum and bocconcini
IMG_3204.JPG

There is only one problem, now I want an oven of my own :(

Speaking of pizza.... can anyone recommend a good shop in Adelaide to get a few peels and pizza stones? Or a lower cost home made alternative? ;)

I made a tuna mornay pizza last night. Cheesy white sauce, par-cooked brocoli, sweetcorn, onion & fresh tuna strips that were marinated in lemon thyme, winter savory and garlic. It was surprisingly awesome!

Here is one coming out of my cob oven.

Recipe is the same. Tatse of the pizza is 100 times better if that is possible coming of the firebricks.

cheers
johnno

3rdpizza.JPG

Since it's already been bumped, I've got to say, thanks for the base recipe. Gives me something to do with all the kit yeasts. I'm going to make them with what ever I usually do in a toasted sandwich when I'm cold and hungry. Chilli, olives, red onion, tomato and whatever herbs and capsicums are still alive in the garden, plus whatever cold meat and cheese is in the fridge.

Hey all, just wanted to share a resource. At http://www.fornobravo.com/ if you register with the store, you can download 4 free ebooks from their ebook section. They have a great one on brick oven pizza making, one with plans to make a brick oven, and 2 others about cooking in brick ovens. Lots of pics etc, worth checking out.

Had the day off yesterday so we fired up the oven.

I was rather hungry by then.

cheers
johnno

DSC_0036.jpg

Back