Pilsen Profile from RO

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you looked at the Milwaukee ones? As far as Im aware, Milwaukee are a well respected brand and I believe there is a meter with either 0.01 or 0.02 (cant rememeber) accuracy for basically the same price as my Hanna 98128. If I happen to be needing another meter, Ill be getting a Milwaukee.

Edit: It was the MW102.

Ended up settling for the AD11, will see how it goes on my next brew.

Woo Fu*ken who just got my AD 12
Having a quiet beer after work & looked over at my desk yes a package

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463054700.393336.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463054728.121847.jpg

Mate Im stoked that was it $62 delivered

Wish I got more solutions

So to all the ph meter owners Im going to wash with D/I water
Calibrate with 7.01 & 4.01 Q Can you use 4.0 & 7.0 buffer solution instead ?
Store with storage solution Q can you use 4.0 buffer solution to store probe in ?

Any info would be great as I got a quote for 3 lots of 10 satchels for $82

I'm pretty sure 4.00 v 4.01 etc are the same thing. Ph varies with temperature so the ph difference is probably only due to quoting different temperatures (not that 0.01 is going to matter for brewing).

I would store in proper storage solution. I'm pretty sure it is a solution the same as what is inside the probe. Can't remember what it is though however potassium or something rings a bell.

Also, whilst I'm posting, a trap people fall into often is thinking that their new brute ATC ph meter corrects ph for measuring at mash temperatures. The ph of wort changes with temperature so you need to be comparing the ph at a set temperature. Room temperature (20-25ish degrees) is probably most common as measuring wort at mash temperatures isn't brilliant for the life of your probe.

Atc corrects for errors in the probe reading, not changes of ph in wort due to temperature.

i store my hanna in the 4.01 buffer solution. their storage information site said it could be used instead so i didn't bother with buying a storage solution.

fletcher said:
i store my hanna in the 4.01 buffer solution. their storage information site said it could be used instead so i didn't bother with buying a storage solution.
Or if their website says so I guess that is the next best thing.

danestead said:
Or if their website says so I guess that is the next best thing.
definitely the next best thing. from their site:

"Storage solutions are designed to keep the pH electrode hydrated while minimizing growth on the electrode from bacteria and algae. Placing a probe in water will result in a growth on the electrode that might not be visible to the naked eye. This growth will affect the performance and accuracy. To minimize growth it is recommended to use pH 4 buffer if storage solution is not available. Solutions with lower pH values can inhibit growth. If pH 4 buffer is not available, it is advisable to use pH 7 buffer."

Thanks for feedback

Yes am aware of the ATC will be cooling to 25c before testing

Ended up buying from Hydro shop $22 for the 3 bottles 250ml

IMG_0876.JPGIMG_0876.JPG

I just placed an order for an AD12 as well. My Hanna 98128 probe needed replacing and was going to cost me $125 so I thought I'd give the AD12 a shot for half the price. The AD12 has 0.01 accuracy compared to the Hanna 98128 of 0.05 so win win!

Latest posts

Back