Phosphoric Acid As Sanitiser

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyAnchovy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wonderinf if anyone here uses phosphoric acid as a no-rinse sanitiser? what other sanitisers do people tend to use in fermenters and while bottling? Bit of a noobish question......

i use iodophor which is just phosphoric + iodine as far as I know, it foams up like a ******* though :( but it is cheap as. i've used various brands of a peroxide + silver ion solution which was good as it doesn't foam but works out kind of expensive as you need 10x as much and it costs the same as iodophor.

There really should be a sticky on this subject.

I'm a bleach and vinegar man. Not one infection. Not even one bottle. I reuse it too. Water wise and all that.

I use hot water, and thats it. Seriously. Haven't had a problem in 38 brews so far...

- boingk

i use iodophor which is just phosphoric + iodine as far as I know, it foams up like a ******* though :( but it is cheap as. i've used various brands of a peroxide + silver ion solution which was good as it doesn't foam but works out kind of expensive as you need 10x as much and it costs the same as iodophor.

I find uniphor foams up less and has a tad my iodine in it but basically it's the same stuff.

Latest posts

Back