Pet Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbowers

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wast just wondering which supermarket/kmart type places sold PET bottles? I went to the local coles and safeway, no luck. Really need to get bottling and I don't have any bottles/would prefer to use PET.

Cheers,
James

Big W is my go to when after PETs. Under $13 a box if memory serves. Kmart should carry them too.

Never seen them at a supermarket.

My local Coles has them all the time in their little HomeBrew section.
I think they are boxed in a red coloured Coopers box.

My local Coles and Kmart stores sell them in the homebrew section.They come in the red and white Coopers box,15 to the box,and cost around $15.

An alternative, to get you started, is to buy a heap of ALDI soda water in the 69cent 1.25L bottles and use them to bottle half your brew. Keep them out of the light, but otherwise they do a good job and can be reused several times.
When I started in 2008 I used ALDI 2L Cola Bottles exclusively and they did me for a year till I went on to kegging and built up a collection of glass and the dedicated HB PETs. However I still use 1.25L bottles for taking beer places or drawing a couple of pints off the keg to have a beer-up with my buddy round the corner.

A good suggestion, BribieG. I think I'll go with the 700 ml bottles though, 1.25 might be a bit much!

Is that why I had to have the liver transplant ? :eek: :eek:

Peak_Beer.JPG

:p

Latest posts

Back