Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new one on the radar is the Principal in Midland (kind of on way to Swan Valley). The pilsner there is excellent. Actually the best aussie brewed pils I've had. And prices are fair.

Wow - never heard of that one. Might have to pop by tonight to have a look.

A new one on the radar is the Principal in Midland (kind of on way to Swan Valley). The pilsner there is excellent. Actually the best aussie brewed pils I've had. And prices are fair. Must have non-carft beer managers though because they have about 20 other ordinary beers on tap, and the website doesnt say anything about the their beers!

Better than The Bootleg Brewery's Wils Pils?

The BlackSalt has a nice Alt beer on tap :)

The Paddo has a ridiculous number of beers for sale, worth a visit if you want to try something different

Better than The Bootleg Brewery's Wils Pils?

Mmm, Bootleg brewery is good. The first time I went there was the start of a bucks party on a warm sunny day. Great place, tasty beer. Second time I went there was a cold wintery day, not half as much fun.
I now prefer The Colonial since I went there recently on a sunny day and sat in beanbags on the lawn drinking beers in the sun and admiring the veiw which consisted mainly of painted fibreglass cows at the time (The day before the Margaret River Cow Feastival openning).

Hmm, OT I guess, unless when you say Perth, you mean within 3hrs drive of Perth.

The Paddo? I end up at The International Beer shop for all my outlandish beer purchasing. They've got just about every Mikkeller beer around.

Mmm, Bootleg brewery is good. The first time I went there was the start of a bucks party on a warm sunny day. Great place, tasty beer. Second time I went there was a cold wintery day, not half as much fun.
I now prefer The Colonial since I went there recently on a sunny day and sat in beanbags on the lawn drinking beers in the sun and admiring the veiw which consisted mainly of painted fibreglass cows at the time (The day before the Margaret River Cow Feastival openning).

Hmm, OT I guess, unless when you say Perth, you mean within 3hrs drive of Perth.

I missed out on going to the colonial last time i was down that way. I really wanted to check it out as well.

3hrs is perth really. Only Broome is too far to go for a beer sesh.

The Adelphi below the Parmelia Hilton generally has a good range of beers on tap, if you're stuck in the city...

I don't anyone has mentioned the Flying Scottsman, great selection of beers there and you get beer in jugs still

I'm flying into Perth tomorrow for the week and will be staying in the city. Some good tips on where to drink here. Just wondering if any locals had any updated pubs etc to look at? I'll be doing the obligatory trip to Freo (tomorrow afternoon :D), more looking for pubs and/or restaurants downtown.

Dave

Belgian Beer Cafe is just a bit down from, where ur staying. Then a little further on is The Generous Squire (only serves James Squire). If all else fails your one stop on the train from the International Beer Shop where im sure you will find enough beer to keep you drunk 100% of your trip :p

Would you believe that the Sail & Anchor is featuring Gold medal beers this weekend from the Perth Royal Beer Show (last week) today & tomorrow? Also tomorrow may be you last chance to try dry hopped handpumped Little Creatures Pale Ale (with Galaxy) & Bright Ale (with Stella) down at the brewhouse bar.

Beer Royale details-> http://www.sailandanchor.com.au/whats_on.html

Would you believe that the Sail & Anchor is featuring Gold medal beers this weekend from the Perth Royal Beer Show (last week) today & tomorrow? Also tomorrow may be you last chance to try dry hopped handpumped Little Creatures Pale Ale (with Galaxy) & Bright Ale (with Stella) down at the brewhouse bar.

Beer Royale details-> http://www.sailandanchor.com.au/whats_on.html

Where's the 'like' icon? :D Cheers! :beer:

I don't anyone has mentioned the Flying Scottsman, great selection of beers there and you get beer in jugs still

+1 They also have 10 dollar pizza and pint on sundays. The beer choice is ok but its a cool pub. In Mt Lawley btw. Clancys are now at city beach but drinks are over priced. The Queens in Mt Lawley has an ok line up with Feral's Hop Hog and a few other decent beers.

The jewel in Mt Lawley's expensive crown has to be Five Bar, I got lured in there one night because they had a chalkboard advertising Mountain Goat IPA. Luckily I ased what the damage was, because they were $24 each. Recently my mate came to me and said "guess how much change I got from $50 for two drinks last night?"

Having not been to the pub for a while I went to the paddo for dinner a little while ago.. $19 for a pint of little creatures :huh: (how much does little creatures charge just out of interest?)
Was probably more of a shock because had been in england and gotten used to decent cheap pints.

Having not been to the pub for a while I went to the paddo for dinner a little while ago.. $19 for a pint of little creatures :huh: (how much does little creatures charge just out of interest?)
Was probably more of a shock because had been in england and gotten used to decent cheap pints.

$19? I would say you have been had sir.

Perth is pricey, but not that extreme I would hope.

Back