Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say it was probably $9 and they thought you gave them a $10 note, not $20.

I would say it was probably $9 and they thought you gave them a $10 note, not $20.

Actually that just reminded me there was also lemon lime and bitters with the beer.. because I thought she said $9 and I gave her a $10 and she said, 'no, $19'.

Well, a big thanks to everyone for the pub tips!

I had quite a big week in Perth last week and managed to get quite inebriated 5 out of the six nights :lol: I was in town for the ECU microbrewing short course. So apart from drinking every afternoon in the Degrees brewery bar, I managed to check out the following

Sunday - Sail and Anchor (which included free tastings of the award winning beers from the perth beer show), then on to the Monk Brewery, down to Little Creatures and finished off the night at the Moon and Sixpence.
Tuesday - A line up of pints at the Moon
Wednesday - Belgian Beer Cafe then the Generous Squire (which included a few pints of mad brewers stout noir)
Thursday - Good session at the school bar, then into town for chinese in Northbridge and drinks at the Brass Monkey
Friday - Little Creatures, The Monk, then finished the night drinking pints of Swan Draught in north freo at The Railway Hotel (??) watching metal bands. It worked for me :beerbang:

I reckon I managed to take in quite a few of the best Perth has too offer, and I can tell you, I was impressed! I think I have plenty of reasons to make sure I visit my sister over there more often.

Its good to hear you enjoyed the wonderful beers the state has to offer. Was down at the Sail and Anchor on the sunday night and enjoyed a fair few good beers. Next time your over head out into the Swan Valley and if you can down to Margaret River...the bars in perth/freo are only the tip of the iceberg.

Well, a big thanks to everyone for the pub tips!

I had quite a big week in Perth last week and managed to get quite inebriated 5 out of the six nights :lol: I was in town for the ECU microbrewing short course. So apart from drinking every afternoon in the Degrees brewery bar, I managed to check out the following

Sunday - Sail and Anchor (which included free tastings of the award winning beers from the perth beer show), then on to the Monk Brewery, down to Little Creatures and finished off the night at the Moon and Sixpence.
Tuesday - A line up of pints at the Moon
Wednesday - Belgian Beer Cafe then the Generous Squire (which included a few pints of mad brewers stout noir)
Thursday - Good session at the school bar, then into town for chinese in Northbridge and drinks at the Brass Monkey
Friday - Little Creatures, The Monk, then finished the night drinking pints of Swan Draught in north freo at The Railway Hotel (??) watching metal bands. It worked for me :beerbang:

I reckon I managed to take in quite a few of the best Perth has too offer, and I can tell you, I was impressed! I think I have plenty of reasons to make sure I visit my sister over there more often.

The railway! nice work hahhaha. Good choices although the Moon is a bit :icon_vomit:
Only real good beer places you missed IMO are Mash & Feral in the Swan Valley.

Latest posts

Back