• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Perth - Where To Buy Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get mine from twoc or brewmart.But will have to try Nev one day he's nice and close from where I live.

Andrew

I used Gryphon for the very first time this week, I have heard a lot of good reports about him. everything I ordered arrived the very next day. He will now be number 1 on my shopping list.

Thanks Nev.

L_Bomb, go and see Nev. He's an extremely highly trained and qualified brewer with a truck-load of trophys and gold medals to prove it. He'll get you sorted on recipes etc. He also carries a fair bit of stuff that he is too lazy to put up on his website :p

Visiting in person is a must.

Subscribe

Nev is a pragmatist with very high skills in brewing. Its not only the "hardware" one can get from him, hes knowledge is priceless and one can get it for nix :)

Nev I want to thank you again for your great hospitality when weve visited you last year. Your beer and bbq was great :icon_cheers:

Prost :party:

Subscribe

Nev is a pragmatist with very high skills in brewing. Its not only the "hardware" one can get from him, hes knowledge is priceless and one can get it for nix :)

Nev I want to thank you again for your great hospitality when weve visited you last year. Your beer and bbq was great :icon_cheers:

Prost :party:
Mate I wish you were here now, just ducking out to the cool room for beer ! Happy to have you back again.
GB

How did you go with the 1469 slant I gave you? Mine still building for a 50L brew.Just split some more slants so I'm fixed for the next 12 months.
Gb

Hi Nev,

I started the yeast in 100ml of wort then after 2 days upped it to 1.25L and now its in the fridge awaiting the next step up to 3L(?) which I forgot to make last night. There's a fair bit of yeast in there, hopefully I'll have enough by Saturday for a 50L batch

I'm not going all grain this time, the 3 tier system isn't fully operational yet so I'm thinking of putting on a kits and bits ESB (double batch of this):

1.7kg Coopers IPA
2kg LDME
50g Choc Malt
20g Styrian Goldings (2% AA) @ 45min (5L boil with 500g LDME)
25g Styrian Goldings (2% AA) @ 0min
1469 Yeast
25L

The beer designer spreadsheet gives me: OG 1.051 / FG 1.013 / IBU 39.2 / EBC 19.2 / ALC 5.3%

Anyone care to comment? :)

edit: question mark added

Hi Nev,

I started the yeast in 100ml of wort then after 2 days upped it to 1.25L and now its in the fridge awaiting the next step up to 3L(?) which I forgot to make last night. There's a fair bit of yeast in there, hopefully I'll have enough by Saturday for a 50L batch

I'm not going all grain this time, the 3 tier system isn't fully operational yet so I'm thinking of putting on a kits and bits ESB (double batch of this):

1.7kg Coopers IPA
2kg LDME
50g Choc Malt
20g Styrian Goldings (2% AA) @ 45min (5L boil with 500g LDME)
25g Styrian Goldings (2% AA) @ 0min
1469 Yeast
25L

The beer designer spreadsheet gives me: OG 1.051 / FG 1.013 / IBU 39.2 / EBC 19.2 / ALC 5.3%

Anyone care to comment? :)

edit: question mark added
Take a look at your IBU's, If your extract is already bittered thats going to be on hell of a bitter .How much IBU does the hop additions add?Is the 39.2 a total of both?
GB

Take a look at your IBU's, If your extract is already bittered thats going to be on hell of a bitter .How much IBU does the hop additions add?Is the 39.2 a total of both?
GB

Yeah that was the combined IBU's... Maybe use a Cerveza instead of the IPA?

Yeah that was the combined IBU's... Maybe use a Cerveza instead of the IPA?
I dont think the Cerveza will have the body to pull it off.Can you add the first hops a little later and drop the IBU to 36?
If you really want a IPA then stick to your original recipe.I though you were going more for a Best/Special bitter.
GB

Yeah I was aiming for a Best/Special bitter but I don't know of any good kit / extract / partial recipes...

Anyone got one?

Back