Perth Suppliers Who Sell Malt According To Recipe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kocken42

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The next batch of beer I put down will hopefully be my first ever AG BIAB and I will hopefully never look back ;)

Anyways, I was just wondering which Perth suppliers will sell malted grain as per a recipe (i.e 2.7kg of this, 760g of that, 230g of the other). I've had a look on the websites for a few of these places but can't find any which state whether they do it or not.

I realise I could just buy 1kg or 0.5kg bags of the malt I need, but for the first few brews I just want exactly what I need, until I get up some mroe knowledge about whhat each particular malt does, at which point i'll invest in larger amounts.

Cheers.

James at Brewz2you might as he makes up various brew packs for sale in his shop.

Give James at Brewz2you a call/email. He's put together specific grain weights for me before.

Sponsors above will do that for you, MLP.

Sponsors above will do that for you, MLP.

+1 - I use the above sponsor in my state and get it precracked and milled for me.

Just make sure you ask for mixed, as they don't do separate bags for quantities of grain less than 1kg (cost thing). If you are ordering today for the weekend give them a call and they'll make sure it is at your doorstep by Friday.

Goomba

Hi guys,

The next batch of beer I put down will hopefully be my first ever AG BIAB and I will hopefully never look back ;)

Anyways, I was just wondering which Perth suppliers will sell malted grain as per a recipe (i.e 2.7kg of this, 760g of that, 230g of the other). I've had a look on the websites for a few of these places but can't find any which state whether they do it or not.

I realise I could just buy 1kg or 0.5kg bags of the malt I need, but for the first few brews I just want exactly what I need, until I get up some mroe knowledge about whhat each particular malt does, at which point i'll invest in larger amounts.

Cheers.
More than happy to do that, we dont charge any extra.Just look at the bottom of this post .
GB

*MLP smacks himself on the forehead*

Thanks GB, just what I was looking for! ;)

Didn't realise you did specific weights GB otherwise I'd have added you to my first post.

So what's the recipe Pony?

I'm going to go with LCBA clone by Tony

I was ment to put it down last weekend as an extract brew, but couldn't find the time after putting down DrSmurtos Golden Ale, so I figured I've got all the stuff to do BIAB, and might aswell go with the recipe I couldn't do last weekend (In AG version ofcoarse :p)

Will try for a 15L -> 20L batch.

68.6% JWM Export Pilsner
19.6% Weyermann Vienna
5.9% Weyermann Carapils
5.9% JWM Wheat Malt

D-Saaz & Cascade hops.

Will probably just throw it ontop of US-05 trub from the Golden Ale.

GB will do it for you. Also Neil at Brewmart in Bayswater, although he occasionally does some dodgy weighing!

Back