Perth Brewers - Favour Needed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel80

Reaction score
Hi fellow perthies,

I would like to ask a favour,

Would someone be able to mill some grain for me this week, so i can have a brew day on Saturday to demonstrate to my Grandad (out from UK, heading home soon) how I make beer from grain.

I have a ghetto mill (used for 1st AG) but it is seriously hit and miss and last time took me 1.75hrs to crush my grain, due to mishaps with the makeshift hopper and the grain feeds blocking the rollers. This was with a drill also...

I can provide my one and only bottle of AG i have brewed to date as payment. Just bottled it on Sunday night so it is 4 or so weeks away from being 'ready' - happy xmas! (no guarentee on the quality :p).

Willing to travel reasonable distance, and will bring the grain bill pre-measured and in a 20L handy pail.
I am based in Northern Suburbs of Perth.

Appreciate any assistance offered.

Cheers,
D80

Hey D80,

PM me Thursday if no-one else is able to help out. I have a Marga which you can borrow (already set up), but you'd need to supply a drill. It's currently on loan to a friend, but I can get it back easily if required. Hence, if anyone else can help, that'd be preferable (meaning I don't need to drive a few blocks over to pick up the mill!).

Otherwise Neil at brewmart (in Bayswater) has a mill set up instore for customers to use (or at least he used to), but you'd need to ring and confirm that, and probably buy something from him while you're there.

Im out in High Wycombe and happy to help if your willing to travel but will only be free on Friday arvo/evening.

Yep, Neil at brewmart still has a mill set up in store. You might need to buy your grain from him, but he will pack what ever amount you like rather than having to buy it by the kilo

I am in thorlie if that is easy for free most nights pm if you want

Hey diesel, I'm in Hocking and could help you out. Tonight and tomorrow evenings are a bit hectic but I've got bugger all on friday after the school pickup

Yeh I'm in Butler mate and can help you out. I have a motorised mill that will get through a 20L bucketfull in about 3 mins. I'm brewing today so you can come around whenever or any evening this week.
Cheers
Shaun

Clay / Hippy thanks for the offers gents, I will be in touch with one or both of you in the next couple of days. Friday arvo/evening looks like a goer at this stage. Off work on Friday but booked up until about 3-4pm at this stage. Will contact via PM.

Kiefer and others, also thanks for the offers as well, appreciate it.
Good to know there are some brewers around my area!

Well I better call the grandparents and book this day in then before I pussy out.....

Cheers,
D80

Back