Perlick 525ss Or 575ss?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDJ

Reaction score
Hi there,

Try to find any comments on the Perlick 575ss taps with not much success. I'm about to get some from the ebay seller but not sure if I should go for the 525ss or the 575ss. I've seen that most have got the 525ss from a bulk buy but can anyone comment on the 575ss?? Is it worthy, or half closing the 525 tap will do the job?

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers
CDJ

I have the 425ss' which are very good. The only posts I've read about the 575's were pretty negative.

I have the 425ss' which are very good. The only posts I've read about the 575's were pretty negative.
+1 for the 525ss I have 4 and couldn't be happier. Not a thing wrong with them, they look great and pour well. I did my research too and found that the general consensus is that the 575ss can have problems with dripping/leaking because of the creamer function. If I want the same wleffecg I just open up the tap a touch and let it froth. Essentially the same action as the creamer.
IMHO go the 525ss... You won't be dissapointed

+1 for the 525ss I have 4 and couldn't be happier. Not a thing wrong with them, they look great and pour well. I did my research too and found that the general consensus is that the 575ss can have problems with dripping/leaking because of the creamer function. If I want the same wleffecg I just open up the tap a touch and let it froth. Essentially the same action as the creamer.
IMHO go the 525ss... You won't be dissapointed

Took the words out of my mouth. Very happy with my set! :icon_cheers:

Thanks guys, seems that is pretty clear the way to go so far.

Will ask a quote for the 525ss.

Thanks

i will +1 on the 525ss, i have four and they pour really well, i had creamers before and rarely used the creamer function anyway

I Looooooooooooooooooooove my 525's

Hey guys, I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm about to buy a couple of these (Perlick 525ss)from the US.

I'm wanting to minimise postage, so just getting the taps - no accessories if I can get them locally.

Do you know if these will fit the standard Keg King type font? Will I need any adapters or other parts?

Also, how does the beer line connect? Is it just a barb or do I need special parts? If I need barbs, does anyone know where I can get stainless ones? KK only sells chromed ones.

Any advice greatly appreciated - so far I'm just trying to work it out from the photos.

Cheers!

Mike

I have some brand new 525SS's for sale , tap only in Melbourne (but can post) .. PM me

Hey guys, I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm about to buy a couple of these (Perlick 525ss)from the US.

I'm wanting to minimise postage, so just getting the taps - no accessories if I can get them locally.

Do you know if these will fit the standard Keg King type font? Will I need any adapters or other parts?

Also, how does the beer line connect? Is it just a barb or do I need special parts? If I need barbs, does anyone know where I can get stainless ones? KK only sells chromed ones.

Any advice greatly appreciated - so far I'm just trying to work it out from the photos.

Cheers!

Mike

I got my SS elbow shanks off ebay link the postage is pretty steep but if you email the guy he will send them standard postage, which is around $18US

Go to his actual website. It's a whole lot cheaper. :beerbang:

Back