Perfect Weather For A Few Ales

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bj42brumby

Reaction score
No idea of the weather in the rest of the country, but to those in Melbourne.. how good was that first sip in this weather. Don't get me wrong, I love the heat, but one of the side benefits is how good a cold beer tastes after work on a hot day.

Hallaleujah!!!!!
AMEN Brother!!!

:D B) ;)

Yep. I just hit a Red Hill Golden Ale. Delicious!

reVox

too right mate!!!

love working in construction , ya go home with weather 35C and over with pay......bring on summer!! :D

where are you in Melbourne?

Even I would prefer a lager in our weather... 42C :eek:

I'm in The Basin, jeddog.. lovely. 37deg on the flat.. and 31 up here in the hills. Love it. Downstairs bedroom, (mine and the Handbrake's) is 24deg. No dramas sleeping tonight.

reVox. I'm a camping and 4wd lover.. so I get an Aussie 4wd mag with a certain legend of a fellow, Roothy, (who loves a beer too). You'll find he uses the term too. Thankfully it hasn't died yet. My lovely and beautiful missus only takes slight exception to it.. considering the beer, the landcruiser I'm SLOWLY doing up, the desire to get another forge happening, the surfing and half a dozen other things I spend time on.. and nowhere near enough on the landscaping that is crying to be done. Not to mention rebuilding the decking. I'll get to it. When I get a new nail gun that is :)

Sydney weather at the moment is also good for downing a few ales

Cede

Revox how good is the Redhill Golden!!!!!!... pricey tho

Damn hot, the pool finally got to 29* today and it was my first day back at work damnit

+1 for the sydney weather.
Im having a schooner right now, while the weather is still warm and the sun shining.

Strong seabreeze in the gong, 23 degrees on the deck, SWMBO is at her Mandolin lesson and child #2 is cooking dinner, I'm relaxing with a northern brown ale. Luverly

cheers

grant

Even I would prefer a lager in our weather... 42C :eek:

Even I would prefer a lager in our weather...and thats saying something....I would hapilly kill for one of Bostons Ginger infused Pilsners right about now......

So far since i got home i have knocked off 2 lagers and a wheat, had a large water with pasta since, and now i am seriously considering what is left in the fridge....

Surprisingly South East Queensland very very rarely gets over about 33 degrees and normally sits on 29 to 30 in the summer. A couple of years ago I was in Geelong at this time of year. In the morning it was 12 degrees. By the afternoon it was 38. Anybody looking for me would have found me in the Bended Elbow in Yarra Street partaking of several pints of chilled Newcastle Brown, Tetleys.......

Oh, keep up flattop.. 4 VBs and counting... yes, blardy CUB VB.. but my first brew isn't ready yet. Checked the gravity tonight and it's getting closer .. just under 1010

ok but i'll put a bottle of my "special lager" against 4 vb's any day....
even if it were a race.... the lager was an experiment with dex and dme and i overdid it in the abv area ;)
But hey it's a hot day....

Mate it was soo hot today...still is a bit hot outside...

And all I could drink was water and orange juice....

I have some craft brews in the fridge and a whole brew of NS summer ale waiting to be drunk but I have to wait until feb until I can drink again :(

All you lucky bastards with your hot weather and cold beer....

9.30 in canberra and 26 degrees, beer tastes a treat and the crickets on, doesnt get much better!

Latest posts

Back