Pbw

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobo

Reaction score
i cant seem to find this info anywhere.

how many grams per litre do ppl use. have had a go at online convirsions, and am struggling atm.

cheers,

Lobo

GDay Lobo,

usually about 10g/ litre give or take.

i use one teaspoon to a 2.5 Lt of water.

thats my general usage however on the container it has all sorts of different dilutions.

thanks lads, thats a fair bit of difference there tho. just saw on ross's website that typical usage is 1 teaspoon in 2.5l of warm water. have just put in what i thought was the directions on the container, and within 10mins, the bucket of water is black from my plate chiller! unbelievable! i did a stout 2 brews ago and flushed it well as always and also soaked it in a weak solution of pbw in the laundry trough for a cupla days as per normal. lifting it and circulating it every now and then.

now i know where my infection has been coming from. will have to stay ontop of this form now on.

Lobo

now i know where my infection has been coming from. will have to stay ontop of this form now on.
Lobo

A few months ago I did the same thing as I was getting regular infections...couldn't believe what came out of my plate chiller...disgusting!

Now it gets a regular PBW cleaning after each brew day and I'm confident that that will be enough to keep it clean.

cliffo

Is this stuff only good as an overnight soaker or does it have a use as something to give a quick clean and rinse before sanitising?
Would it be best to give things a soak in it and how long is neccessary?

Is this stuff only good as an overnight soaker or does it have a use as something to give a quick clean and rinse before sanitising?
Would it be best to give things a soak in it and how long is neccessary?

I find it does a good job within 30min if its used with warm to hot water.

I usually fill what ever i am cleaning and let it sit but now with the keg washer i just let it run on each keg or fermenter for 20-30min and it gets them clean.

Wouldn't hurt to use it for a 5min rinse before sanitising as most of the sanitisers are not cleaners and wont get in behind the grime if its still there.

Kleiny

+1 for what Kleiny said...

If I have time, I will let it sit overnight (sometimes longer depending on how lazy I am), otherwise 20-30 mins usually gets the job done, with a little bit of elbow grease if required.

Brendo

Back