Party Pig Concept + Garden Sprayer. Homemade?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitcho89

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm fiddling with the garden sprayer keg. I love it for parties but for camping trips over a couple of days, It's not going to work. Between oxidation and the cost of bulbs to dispense, it's just a pain. I'm fiddling with the idea of having a food grade bladder I can either pump air into to push the beer out or to have the beer in the bladder and attatch a hand pump to the keg.

I stuck a balloon on the end of the garden sprayer keg air pump, filled the keg with water and the concept works perfectly. I'd just use that but I don't know what could leak out of the balloon chemical and flavour wise.

If I can work out what bladders are used for the party pig dispenser, I'd love to stick one inside the garden sprayer or get a Tap a draft PET bottle, screw my cabonator cap on the front + corny coupler and tap and have a schrader valve in the back with a pump and a bladder inside to grow with air so force carbing could be possible.

If anyone knows whats in latex and if something cheap could be used instead I'd love to know!

Thanks and kind regards,
Mitch.

Hi guys,

I'm fiddling with the garden sprayer keg. I love it for parties but for camping trips over a couple of days, It's not going to work. Between oxidation and the cost of bulbs to dispense, it's just a pain. I'm fiddling with the idea of having a food grade bladder I can either pump air into to push the beer out or to have the beer in the bladder and attatch a hand pump to the keg.

I stuck a balloon on the end of the garden sprayer keg air pump, filled the keg with water and the concept works perfectly. I'd just use that but I don't know what could leak out of the balloon chemical and flavour wise.

If I can work out what bladders are used for the party pig dispenser, I'd love to stick one inside the garden sprayer or get a Tap a draft PET bottle, screw my cabonator cap on the front + corny coupler and tap and have a schrader valve in the back with a pump and a bladder inside to grow with air so force carbing could be possible.

If anyone knows whats in latex and if something cheap could be used instead I'd love to know!

Thanks and kind regards,
Mitch.

Could you use the bladder from a wine cask?

HA! Funny that you say that mate, I have one in my hands right now! I think it would do the trick but it's shape and how I'd attatch it would be the hard part/

Could you cut it down in size then heat seal?
Then make a small puncture, slip over valve fitting and fasten with hose clamp?
Bilding one myself with keg in,out fittings
Thanks for the bladder idea
Sean

Do you have an idea where I can find the page Peas?

No problems Sean, multiple minds are better than one ;-)

Brain wave...I wonder if a condom would work, it's very tough, very stretchy latex.....If it doesn't leach flavours into the beers it may work as an air bladder!

Usually condoms are lined with some kind of sperm killing chemical on the inside. I would at least wash it out properly.

What's wrong with filling a few of these with beer and taking on your camping trip? No risk of oxidation if you push all air out, fold flat when empty, available in various sizes and qualities.

That's not too bad of an idea actually. Food for thought anyway!

Another way would be to put the beer in a series of interconnected containers. Imagine a stack of plastic containers (say a pint capacity each) linked to one anotherr in series with a a shut off valve (maybe aquarium type cheapo thingys). Each container also has a vent valve and the bottom one has a tap. To draw off a pint open the vent valve on the top container to allow air ingress and open the tap to pour. Then close off the valve connecting the top container with the next one down. Result - no increase in head space for the remaining beer so only minimal losss of pressure.

Yes - easily modular and scalable - just add on as many containers as you think you'll need or will fit in the fridge.

Honestly take a corny. We kill a corny or two easily when camping. Techni ice ice box and a "temprite coil' works a treat.
When its just me and the missus I just take 540ml bottles I have concidered taking one of my 9L cornies but never got around to it.
Party keg is a good concept for a party but for camping you want good beer for a few days.

Yeah I think your right mate. It's probably more trouble than what it's worth, I just love to tinker that's all haha

Carbonator caps are pretty good too. I fill up 3L soft drink bottles up when going places. Looks pretty ghetto but it does the job, plus its food safe, and holds pressure.

9L to a standard australian slab... Probably not a bad idea at all!

Latest posts

Back