Partial Mash Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbelly

Reaction score
hey guys doing a partial mash and would apprecate some feed back .made a recipe up using beersmith going for a aussie bitter style 23 L full boil.
3kgs pale malt
500grms carapilis
75grms crystal malt
1 kg pale liquid extract
23 grms pride of ringwood
1 pkt saflager
OG 1.045
FG 1.005

Mash grains in 9.32L of water at 67 degrees C and sparge with 17.36L water at 75.6 degrees C.

what do you think guys?

Ran it thru Promash..

SG should be around 1050, 30 IBU

Why not just use more pale malt and ditch the extract....

Needs more/different hops and additions.

I think it's a bucketload of carapils. I you want it in there then I would cut it by half and make up the difference with pale malt. Personally I would ditch it all together as you will get plenty of body from the extract, but to each his own.

I would also not expect an FG of 1.005, especially if you use the carapils.

thanks guys have cut the carapils down to a100grms and up the hops to 30 grms ihave to admit iam noobie when it comes to partial mashing and puting together a recipe.been doing k&ks with some specialty grainsbut have had trouble with head retention hence the carapils which i read about on forum. also hard to find partial mash recipes for aussie beers

If you want all pride of ringwood, split the additions in the boil.

Say 15 grams at the start of the boil, 15 grams at 15 mins to go. (all 15's to be simple ;) )

I haven't done the sums, but I guess it will give you around the mid to high 20 IBU's. Which is like an Australian Draught.

POR bitter additions higher than 30IBU's can give harsh results.

Latest posts

Back