Paint Job For The Fermentation Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could do it the half-arsed way:

I lived in a crumbling share house many moons ago. The frig was really ugly. One of the creative hippy chicks living there got to work with wrapping paper, pictures cut out from magazines, other bits and pieces and stuck it on all artistic like then lacquered the lot. It took one afternoon and about 6 pipes and looked great.

I was planning to do the above trick, just using a heap of Beer and Wine labels I have lying around. Better than all the old hippie stickers currently stuck to the fridge. :huh:

Rust spots aside (which have already been covered in earlier posts), all you need to prepare the painted surface is is one of those green kitchen scourers dipped in Prepsol or some other wax and grease remover. At least that's what we do when airbrushing new fridges.

Rust spots do complicate that a little.

Once you have got it prepped, some automotive acrylic lacquer is easy to spray on and not quite as toxic as two pack. Its not quite a fridge but this is what "commodore green" looks like over a steel tank:
compGreen2.jpg

(its an airbrush compressor I made).

Latest posts

Back