Paddy's Brewery !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... definitely need a reason to get to Paady's now...

I spent years working in that area, (5 to 8 years ago) and have never been to Paddy's, hey I did not know about your beers!

Now I live in Newcastle but still get to work a fair bit in Parramatta. I will be making it a point to visit next time I am in the area.
Looking forward to it and will bring some colleagues.

Fear.

I'm planning to head down Sunday week I think. Quite a few of Newastle home brewers are hiring a mini bus for the day (last month was 4 pines). From the above posts it sounds like it'll be an awesome day.

If anyone frm Newie wants to join the beer bus (there will also br HB travelers - breakfast beers on the way down) let me know.

Had a pint of this recently at Harts. Very nice, easy drinkin for a dark strong beer. Hopefully a keg of this is still on for the AHB Sydney progressive conference ... ;-)

Sadly the Old Regret has run out @ Harts, replaced by another dark beer. It was a tops beer, look forward to GM's next speciality ...

Scotty

I am Sydney airport about to fly out after being here a couple of days for work, but thinking about how glad I was to make to trip out to see Gerard on Monday afternoon and try his latest pilsener.

I just sent him another text message about how good it is. If you want to try what is the best Czech pils I have tried which is made in Australia, make sure you make an effort and go and have a glass.

You will NOT be disappointed. As he said, he stuffed up on the first batch as there is nothing to change or adjust. Truer words could not be spoken.

Duff you've planted the seed for me to want to try a beer or two in Sydney but what a mixed up screwy thread. Just tried to read back through posts and make sense of it.You guys must be drunk.
As I'll have a very narrow window of time to sample whilst in Sydney over the next day or so I'll ask:-
Craft beers close to the airport? Say from CBD, South to Kingsford Smith or travelling in from Southwest to airport may have an hour or two is all .
Daz

I am Sydney airport about to fly out after being here a couple of days for work, but thinking about how glad I was to make to trip out to see Gerard on Monday afternoon and try his latest pilsener.

I just sent him another text message about how good it is. If you want to try what is the best Czech pils I have tried which is made in Australia, make sure you make an effort and go and have a glass.

You will NOT be disappointed. As he said, he stuffed up on the first batch as there is nothing to change or adjust. Truer words could not be spoken.

Excellent brewer. He had a Saison on tap a few weeks ago, recipe from Kirrily Waldhorn aka "The Beer Diva" :rolleyes: It was pretty fantastic until the yeast settled out of it a few days after my first taste of it. Read somewhere in the pub that day about Gerard going over to Cz earlier this year to get on the brew gear, maybe at Urquell.

Read somewhere in the pub that day about Gerard going over to Cz earlier this year to get on the brew gear, maybe at Urquell.

And his time spent at Urquell has really paid off with his new pilsener.

I was in a few weeks back and tried "The Diva".

I had a sip and asked the lady who poured my the beer if it was a Saison and she wasn't sure. Certainly tasted like a Saison.

Great beer

Kabooby :)

I was in a few weeks back and tried "The Diva".

I had a sip and asked the lady who poured my the beer if it was a Saison and she wasn't sure. Certainly tasted like a Saison.

Great beer

Kabooby :)

:lol: I know what you mean. I specifically asked for the saision, knowing it was there, and she jumped for the seasonal tap. When I stopped her and again asked for the saision, she had no idea what I was referring to . But you are right, the Diva is the saison

Back