Oxygen Options In Australia?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says there is a flow meter, but it isn't. It's just the pressure of gas coming out of the reg. you need a flow metre that usually has a little ball in it that will give you a litre/min value. They are pretty cheap and very useful.
The gauge on that regulator appears to be a flow meter. It has units Litre/min.

Prince Imperial said:
I'm a bit reluctant to go with the grain and grape mini regulator bc Bunnings have ditched bernzomatic gases.
You can get the Bernzomatic Oxygen cylinder at Masters.

Yeah, I know, I gather Masters are doing very poorly. I'd rather go with the Bunnings product in case Masters withdraw from the market. Also, $75 for the Bernzomatic compatible reg at G&G seems expensive

Back when I put together the O2 Kit now sold by Brewman, I looked at the Benzomatic the two main problems were the on going cost of gas (the bottles don't last forever and have to be replaced) at present Masters are charging $32.99 for a 40g bottle, about $0.83/g.
I went with the Tesuco bottles, Brewman is charging $55 for a replacement bottle with 136g which works out at $0.40/g.
So although the upfront cost is higher, the ongoing cost is less than half.
I did say two problems, the other is that the Benzomatic was - well lets say it is a very light weight domestic build and the Tesuco is trade quality - I found that the Tesuco was a lot stronger, more reliable, much more likely to last and half the cost to run long term - what I think of as a no brainer.
I think its a big mistake to confuse Cost and Value for money when making an investment in brewing equipment.
Mark

desitter said:
The gauge on that regulator appears to be a flow meter. It has units Litre/min.
It does. I gave it it's first use yesterday and everything seemed to work well.

kaiserben said:
It does. I gave it it's first use yesterday and everything seemed to work well.
I just ordered one of these too, looking forward to seeing what kind of difference it makes.

A bit late Prince, but I have just bought the green shed's trade flame regulator and O2 bottle and can confirm that it fits.
5% discount with power pass too!

The Bromic-type cylinders, the Bernzomatic ones and the Bunnings one each use a different size regulator/valve. I've been using the Bernzomatic ones with no issue for the last two years. There's not much, if anything, that can live in a pure oxygen environment under extremely high pressure.

Latest posts

Back