Oxiclean?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiefbacon

Reaction score
Not sure if this is were i should post this, first time :( . Just wondering if anyone Knows were u can buy oxiclean from?

Its pretty much just nappi san IIRC. I use the cheap styuff from aldi,

Not sure if this is were i should post this, first time :( . Just wondering if anyone Knows were u can buy oxiclean from?

i havent seen it before, might have skipped past it in the supermarket, but havent noticed

spec sheet is here incase you want to use a similar product

View attachment oxiclean.pdf

The active ingredient in Napisan and (almost) all those soaker things is sodium percarbonate. The balance - in fact, the majority of the product - is filler, surfactants and flavours/fragrances and Magic Dust.

Your LHBS and (at least one of) the site sponsors will/should/could/might sell you pure-ish sodium percarbonate which should work out cheaper again than any of the other options.

Or get real and use PBW.

thanks guys so is napisan the same thing pretty much can u use it to clean kegs and the like?

Yep I use nappysan for kegs/lines/ferm and havent had a prob yet just get the uncented baby one think its a white jar

The no name home brand stuff from woolies has no scent and a higher percentage of sodium percarbinate. No need to pay for a brand :)

thanks guys so is napisan the same thing pretty much can u use it to clean kegs and the like?
No bloke , napisan isn't pretty much the same thing....as spills pointed out , the majority of napisan ( and all other unscented nappi soaker stuff) is made up mainly of filler..the active ingredient is usually no more than >3% soduim percarbonate...
Oxyper is pretty much 100% sodium percarbonate...
PBW also contains chelators the attach to dirt to really clean shit , works an absolute treat and can be re-used a few times....
So really , for bang for buck , pbw would be the best...but it is $$
However...i do use unscented no-name brand napisan to clean kegs etc...its just i need to use more of it and it can take alot longer to soak stuff to clean it properley..
Cheers
Ferg

The active ingredient in Napisan and (almost) all those soaker things is sodium percarbonate. The balance - in fact, the majority of the product - is filler, surfactants and flavours/fragrances and Magic Dust.

Your LHBS and (at least one of) the site sponsors will/should/could/might sell you pure-ish sodium percarbonate which should work out cheaper again than any of the other options.

Or get real and use PBW.

Yep, PBW is the best stuff for sure. Ridiculously expensive though, for what it is. Pity some chem-brainiack in Aust hasn't marketed a local alternative.

k kol sounds like the cheap napisan will do the job then so what sort of ratio do u use for cleaning? thanks for the help this place is great for us begineer brewers :rolleyes:

k kol sounds like the cheap napisan will do the job then so what sort of ratio do u use for cleaning? thanks for the help this place is great for us begineer brewers :rolleyes:

an exact measurement of a lid full then a bit more.. disolved in hot water then topped up to the brim... no matter how much gunk is on the fermentor it's usually gone in 24 hours..

I use the white king oxy action (but only coz I got it cheap) and works a treat, just be sure to rinse well (hot and cold water and wiped with a new chux cloth when rinsing) and you should be away.

I also then use a no rinse sanitiser before use.

Good luck

:icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back