Outdoor Kitchen/Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driftdaddy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share my recently finished outdoor area. This is my first real attempt at this kind of thing and I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.

The timber is mostly recycled pallets from the warehouse at my work and the granite benchtops were scored from Gumtree for $50.

First bit of framing:

2015_03_29_17_53_15.jpg

Bar fridge in & TV added:

2015_05_18_07_11_42.jpg

Stained:
2015_06_15_07_49_03.jpg

Undercounter Lighting:

2015_06_14_18_34_27.jpg

Kegerator finished:
2015_06_21_15_59_09.jpg

Kegarator Setup:
2015_06_28_15_57_48.jpg

Looks great, but how do you get the kegs in and out of the fridge?

Very nice! How much sanding did the pallets take?

Kiwimike said:
Looks great, but how do you get the kegs in and out of the fridge?
Fridge is on caster wheels, just spin it to access kegs. It was too deep to have it forward facing.

Looks great DriftDaddy. I have the same BBQ and love it. A word of advise, you might want to put a sheet of Laminate etc behind the BBQ as you get a lot of fat splatter at the back and this will save trying to clean the painted wall. You'll see the 1" gap between the plates and the hood. anyway happy cooking.

fishingbrad said:
Looks great DriftDaddy. I have the same BBQ and love it. A word of advise, you might want to put a sheet of Laminate etc behind the BBQ as you get a lot of fat splatter at the back and this will save trying to clean the painted wall. You'll see the 1" gap between the plates and the hood. anyway happy cooking.
Cheers, will do. Believe it or not, I have a weber q that I do most of the cooking on. That bbq just looks fancy so it stays...

Latest posts

Back