Outback Brewery Story On Aca

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleiny

There is no Charge for Awesomeness
Reaction score
If youve got your telly on turn it to win its going to play a story on the outback brewery

Was on a few mins ago on 9 Brisbane... Missed half of it though!

:)

yep forgot ythe time diff but still to show in vic

I saw it - nice to see craftbrewing making it to the commercial telly world.

But - did I miss something or did those guys actually pay $100,000 for a brewery where they had to brew in what looked like 50L or so copper caudlrons?? How thy managed to Parlay that into what they are currently doing must involve someone selling their soul to someone else.

And does anyone know what brewery they are currently "hiring" t looks like a pretty fair old set-up to me.

I hope the beers have improved -a few years ago they used to be absolutely horrid :icon_vomit:

And does anyone know what brewery they are currently "hiring" t looks like a pretty fair old set-up to me.

The Mildura Brewery

Everything that comes out of there seems to be a bit hit-and-miss.....

Edit:
Hehe.. just watched the video on the ACE website, at the end of the story the guy goes on about the chilli beer: "it has no preservitives color, or flavour" :)

there was a while there when Outback Chilli Beer was official "worst beer in the world" at Ratebeer.

look, i've never had an infected outback beer. but they still taste like armpit.
you've got to give Buckley's the crown for most persistently hazardous beers to your health. or perhaps Dark Isle.

I saw the story,
I have never been to a micro so i'm not up to date with what actually goes on...
But i'm sure i saw a bloke pouring what looked like a sack of white powder what i could only assume was dextrose or sugar into large stainless tank?
perhaps its a K+K micro? Hate to be the guy who has to open all the cans.. :p

Sqyre... :huh:

I saw the story,
I have never been to a micro so i'm not up to date with what actually goes on...
But i'm sure i saw a bloke pouring what looked like a sack of white powder what i could only assume was dextrose or sugar into large stainless tank?
perhaps its a K+K micro? Hate to be the guy who has to open all the cans.. :p

That and the descriptions of some of their beers tend to indicate they use a fair bit of extract or adjuncts in the brewery. However, I did see a mash tun - maybe they are making partials on a big scale?

I haven't tried any of these beers, are they really that bad?

Hate to be the guy who has to open all the cans.. :p

[/quote]

didnt I see a while back a little story about you and your helper??????
:p

cheers amita

btw I missed the storey

i did see them adding what looked like a large sack of suger (not good when you are microbrewing at that level)
and in the story at the end they said they now hire a head brewer
does this suggest that they either bought recipes to start with no previous brewing experience or did they just extract brew

any way had a six of there pale ale tonight not bad other than not overly impressive with the hopping

I knew that they were an extract based brewery when they were based out west of Sydney(those copper 'dishes' connected with white PVC drain pipe), but heard they moved to the 'shire' recently.

Of the ACA spot, the bag, to me, looked like a sack of LDME. Apparently they've bought a commercial rig and hired a brewer, and are now a proper grain brewery, so another taste MIGHT be on the cards soon.

As for using disabled 'helpers' and calling it 'giving back to the community'..Hah!!...more like cheap labour instead of shelling out for proper packaging machinery. The hire company that hawks those souls out are more souless than any big business!!

The guys have hit it big with the 'Aussie' branding and are sending the beer O/S so they are killing it

Terrible beer! The market is all overseas boutique tourist type shit, sort of like the American slogan "Foster's Australian for beer" :huh:

Yeah, I'm not really a fan either.

They are an extract brewery. They are based in Woodpark NSW. Just near Fiona Street and Woodpark Road. Small batch brewery. They came to AIB for some contracting, but being an all grain brewery, we couldn't adapt to their requirements. So they do a fair bit at Mildura.

Basically larger scale kit and kilo beers. Steep a bit of grain here and there.

At least there is a bit of publicity for craft brewerys on prime time TV. I mean lets face it, current affair shows are simply another means of advertising... even if it is promoting crap!

Like "This will kill you, buy this instead." and "Coming up next on Dancing with the Stars."

Yeah, I'm not really a fan either.

They are an extract brewery. They are based in Woodpark NSW. Just near Fiona Street and Woodpark Road. Small batch brewery. They came to AIB for some contracting, but being an all grain brewery, we couldn't adapt to their requirements. So they do a fair bit at Mildura.

Basically larger scale kit and kilo beers. Steep a bit of grain here and there.

At least there is a bit of publicity for craft brewerys on prime time TV. I mean lets face it, current affair shows are simply another means of advertising... even if it is promoting crap!

Like "This will kill you, buy this instead." and "Coming up next on Dancing with the Stars."
must take this lot of my micro/must try tour list.not because it may be ordinary but if aca is going to promote it with dancing with the stars i do not want to know about it :icon_vomit: ...cheers.........spog.......

Back