Ouch! The Pain!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mookiedoi

Reaction score
Ok Ive got a little story.
Last week i had stage 3 of a root canal done. And lucky me a file broke off in the canal. I was told this might not matter its not common, but can happen. So they finished it off not being able to remove the file and told me if i have problems i would have to get a apicoectomy done (cutting through the gum)
All was well untill i felt a bit of pressure on my jaw and tender tooth early this week. On monday arvo about 5:30pm i decided to have a home brew within 3 mins, a glass down I started getting incredible pain in my tooth a jaw i droped everything a rolled up into a ball.
I never felt such pain in all my life.. Later i got antibiotics and the dentist said it's infected. From then on i was taking nurofen plus every 4-5 hours keep it at bay.
So tuesday 5:30pm decided to have a brew. same thing happens aghh. and agian tonight, and not untill tonight am i convinced that my beer is aggravating this tooth in the most intense and sudden way. All week Ive been drinking different drinks that are colder/hotter and nothing happens. it only the beer that sends it wild.
i was wondering does anyone know why??

have you drunk any other alcoholic drinks, or any commercial beer for that matter?

Remove the tooth there is plenty more in ya gob still .JOB DONE :ph34r:

yeah well if its going to stop me drinking my beer. ITS GONE! :chug:

been drinking soft drinks, coffee other commercial beer no probs.
all i can think of is the yeast in my brew, but i have no idea

well yeah thats a given... but first Ive got go through the antibiotics for a week. root canals are done over about 1- 2 months i was up to the last stage. and now looks like a refund and referral to a dentist that does a apicoectomy
anyhow no beer for me till i go to next stage

Arrr the old root canal. My last and only one thank the baby jebus was a 2 week affair from first fix to last fix mate. In and out pain free too I might add. I felt sick when the bill came in and looking back at it I should of just had it removed. End of problem.

Tools break for a reason. Been used for far too long, being abused or handled incorrectly etc. I'd run like a rapist from that dentist mate.

The pain you describe I can relate to and wouldn't wish upon any person.

A filthy used file stuck in your gum, hope your cardiac health is ok,

I had one root canal about 15 years ago but didn't have any complications. I did develop two "dry sockets" when I had my upper wisdom teeth removed. They weren't any fun at all. It's quite disconcerting to discover tiny pieces of bone falling out of your mouth. :eek: Given how those dry sockets (infections) felt, you certainly have my sympathy.

Never realized what a journey it was.
After the said Dentist had taken said tool out of my mouth,I would oblige by taking fist out of his throat.

still paying off $1900 from my last two :( bill was orig $3200!

i swear inflicting pain on others and getting paid a shitload to do it must take a bold sort of person.

def take him for all its worth tho, dentistry is not something that you want stuffed up.

I know your pain. I've broken both arms several times, broken ribs, collapsed lungs and passed a couple of kidney stones and nothing comes close to the pain of an infected tooth... Actually the only thing worse than and infected tooth is not being able to drink your home brew because of it.

Could it be a temprature issue?
Is your home brew colder that the commercial beer and other beverages you drank?
Perhaps try a home brew that has sat out of the fridge for a while.
No ideas other than that.
Hope it gets better!

I went to a dentist to get a filling and she realised that my wisdom tooth needed to be pulled, no x-rays, just a shot and in there ripping it out and she did it with such savagery that just over a day and a half a piece of my jaw bone came up through the hole!

It was done late in the arvo, chemists shut and no pain relieve the whole time and i tell ya i was paceing the halls for about 24 hours before dying out in exhaustion. Not fun.

As said before, make sure the dentist does the job properly at his cost. My mother had the same issue. In the end they had to pull the tooth and do a bridge. Somewhere around $10,000. Took a while but eventually the dentist caved in and paid for it.

I know your pain, worst pain ever. I had a dead root that was being drilled out, only thing was that it wasn't completely dead. Man did I let the dentist know about it when the drill hit the live nerve. Worst pain I have ever experienced. If it was the difference between drinking home brew or not, Id have all my teeth removed just to be sure! ;)

Latest posts

Back