One Way Valve Bags

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use these aswell saw them the first time being used with coffee from the markets they do a good job

mr freezer is filled with re-sealable 500g & 100g plastic coffee type bags with various hop pellets.

cheers

Has anyone tried these for storing hops?? They do bulk discounts.. Anybody interested in a bulk buy?

http://swisspack.com.au/catelog.aspx?id=26&parent=26

I have just bought 3.5Kg of hops and i can smell them through the bag so i'm thinking they won't keep for very long. How does everyone else store there hops??

Minimum is 1000, that's alot of bags.
If there was a bulk buy, I'd be in for 20 or so.

They look the goods and price seems good (not that i would have clue on what they are worth).

If a bulk buy happens I'll be in on it for the sake of it. but for the saving of a few dollars each (if that...more like cents)...don't think it would be worth it...unless someone wants 2000 of them hahaha.

I use them and typically buy them from my coffee parts supplier.
Prices range from 60 cents for a 250gram bag through to $1.35 for a 1kg bag. They all have a 'vacuum' seal and zip lock.

For 5 cents a bag I wouldn't bother with a 1000 bag bulk buy unless you get a lot of people interested.

Is there a vacuum pump available that attaches to the bag's valve?

Just get the Hop bags Ross sells at Craftbrewer, I think they are $0.50 each for packs of 10, they are great and generally come with labels to write your hop details on..

Cheers

Back