Old Ginger Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lano

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was cleaning out my garden shed and found a few crates of some Alcoholic Ginger Beer I made, I would say 4 years ago!

Some are in old plastic soft drink bottles but some are in long-necks. :icon_vomit:

What do you reckon, try one or will it kill me???

Cheers

The silence is a good sign that we've definitely not encouraged him to do something stupid right.... he'll be fine I'm sure....

i say drink up. i found some gb that had been sitting in my shed for at least 2 years a couple of weeks back, chilled it down and it tasted waay better than it ever did fresh.

Give it a crack...............what's the worst that could happen :)

So for the interested, I cracked one (after i washed the half inch of dust off and chilled for a day).

It was GOOD! Very carbonated and milder in flavour then I remember. I will have to make some more (and forget about it for 3 - 4 years!)

Will be washing the rest of the bottles and will be enjoying with friend as a BBQ on the weekend..

Thanks for getting me to try it... I was almost conviced it was lawn food! :icon_chickcheers:

Back