Old British Beers And How To Make Them

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doh, I've been out of the country and missed this too.
Yeah it was me that was requesting a couple of recipes from that book.

Keen to get in on the BB if you are upping the order to 20 punters.

Beers,
Doc

I was going to PM you to see if you wanted one as I have read several of your historic brew posts and it seemed like you were after a copy. I have put you on the list, along with brendo, dakron and beer slayer. That should make 19. Have a better list at home and will sort it out tomorrow when I am not at work.

Hopefully I will have this on its way by the end of the week. Will let everyone know the final price once it arrives and I have sussed out the postage costs.

[quote name='O'Henry' post='524655' date='Sep 22 2009, 01:05 AM']I was going to PM you to see if you wanted one as I have read several of your historic brew posts and it seemed like you were after a copy. I have put you on the list, along with brendo, dakron and beer slayer. That should make 19. Have a better list at home and will sort it out tomorrow when I am not at work.

Hopefully I will have this on its way by the end of the week. Will let everyone know the final price once it arrives and I have sussed out the postage costs.[/quote]

love your work mate - I am raising a pint of Timothy Taylor in your honor as we speak :D

[quote name='O'Henry' post='524655' date='Sep 22 2009, 12:05 AM']I was going to PM you to see if you wanted one as I have read several of your historic brew posts and it seemed like you were after a copy. I have put you on the list, along with brendo, dakron and beer slayer. That should make 19. Have a better list at home and will sort it out tomorrow when I am not at work.

Hopefully I will have this on its way by the end of the week. Will let everyone know the final price once it arrives and I have sussed out the postage costs.[/quote]

Awesome. Thanks O'Henry.

Doc

You might be interested in this thread from a UK site. A group of homebrewers get together at a local micro-brewery, Wibblers, at the invitation of owner Phil. It`s sited in farm buildings so people camped for the weekend. Some great photos. I could only pop in for a few hours really enjoyed.

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopi...f=21&t=4073

PS check out the grain bill.

whhhoooaaaaa... I've just completed a book borrow/swap with you.
High chance these are becoming permanent swaps now...!!!! :unsure:
Durden wasn't one luckily..!

Hey it works. :lol: If I read some of these threads on the bog I'd be well purged. :D

Warren -

Hey O'Henry.
Any update ?

Beers,
Doc

It's in the pipe. I ordered 20 last thursday, so still have one spare if anyone is interested. Yet to hear a confirmation from the guy but he seemed a bit busy. Will email him shortly to follow it up...

PM's sent to everyone.

If you have not recieved a PM and you ordered a copy, please let me know asap. Not sure if caps matters in people's names and not everyone put their screen name on the list. Hopefully I sorted it properly though.

I also have one copy left if anyone is interested. PM if you are.

Edit: So, had some trouble with the message sending. Hopefully I didn't send it four times. Got to love dial-up...
Edit 2: Sorry about the ridiculously formatted PM. No more drafting in word for me.

Thanks O'Henry, payment made. Appreciate all the effort you have gone to for this.

Cheers
AndrewQld

Looks like the final one has been spoken for. So that is the 20 done and dusted.

Edit: Sorry bakkerman, pipped by 6 mins via PM. In hindsight I probably should have ordered more than one spare but I didn't want to be stuck with a pile of them. I mean, there are only so many toilets in my house...

PM and money sent, cheers for organising this, much appreciated :)

Got caught up last Friday with the hangover from hell. Thanks for the help with that ///. Will get down to the post office on Tuesday arvo and mail out those who've paid. Should be most places by Friday.

All in the post today bar those who I haven't heard from. Enjoy them!

Alex from the Circle asked me to let him know if we brew any, so if you do and any turn out great, post em up and ill let him know. Also don't be too suprised when it arrives. It is not the largest book ever. I got it into a A5 letter envelope...

Hey O'Henry,

Got home to the envelope tonight.
Awesome. Thanks a lot for organising.
Historical inspiration at my fingertips.

I'll be brewing a few for sure, with a little twist or two I'm sure.

Beers,
Doc

Got mine today as well. Thin as you say, O'Henry, but certainly looks to have some good info. I'm also going to be brewing a few of these. Thanks for organising this, O'Henry. :icon_cheers:

Book arrived mate... on a quick flick it looks like it has some good info - top work on sourcing and organising this!!

Cheers,

Brendo

Latest posts

Back