Old British Beers And How To Make Them

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rate all "good" brewing books by how often I read them whilst taking a dump... The Durden book gets a good workout. :beer:

Warren -

whhhoooaaaaa... I've just completed a book borrow/swap with you.
High chance these are becoming permanent swaps now...!!!! :unsure:
Durden wasn't one luckily..!

whhhoooaaaaa... I've just completed a book borrow/swap with you.
High chance these are becoming permanent swaps now...!!!! :unsure:
Durden wasn't one luckily..!
:lol: luckily it sounds like it'd take a fair bet for him to part with that one...

Righto then. 15 it is, with marksfish making up the numbers.

Andrew 1
Altstart 1
Leigh 1
Katie 1 (christmas present for lloydie)
QuantumBrewer 1
O'Henry 1
Scotty 1
manticle 1
Kai 1
Macca17 1
boddingtons best 1
Chris Taylor 1
Kirem 1
Stuster 1
marksfish 1

So I have the word from the guy at Durden. Guts of the email was as follows:

So for a quantity of 10-15 books they would cost 5.00 GBP each. Postage for 11 books is 19.74 by air, or 10.61 by sea. Air delivery is 5-8 days and sea is 6-8 weeks! Postage for 20 books I know is 33.16 for air and 16.85 for sea. So I would imagine for 15 books would be roughly 26-27 for air and say 14-15 for sea. So if you decide "air" is preferred for speed of delivery then I calculate as follows:
15 copies = 75
Air service = 27 (?)
Packing = 6.50
Recorded delivery = 3.70 (optional but recommended)
Therefore total cost = 112.20 (7.48 each)

Does this make sense to everyone? I know some people were in for it price dependant (sp?), so I hope this has settled it. I imagine it will be around $5 for postage in Australia, at the most.

tl;dr - book is 7.48 + postage within Australia. OK?

Bugger - it doesn't pay to be out of the country - even I'd it does mean drinking pints and pints of real ale in the Uk.

Any chance of throwing one more onto the list??

If this I cool - pm me payment details an I will sort it out - if no can do I will just console mysel with another pint or four.

Cheers

Brendo

Let us know when you need the $$'s, happy to pay now if so.

Scotty

Sounds great to me O'Henry, thanks for all the effort.

Andrew

Hi O'Henry
I have also been out of town for the week and just noticed the post.
I would also be willing to purchase a book if possible. PM me if possible
Cheers
BS

Good stuff O'Henry. Let us know when you want the cash transfer.

Sounds good, O'Henry. Going with air mail makes sense and the price seems ok to me.

terrific job o'henry, +1 on airmail when do you need the dollars

mark

Doh, I've been out of the country and missed this too.
Yeah it was me that was requesting a couple of recipes from that book.

Keen to get in on the BB if you are upping the order to 20 punters.

Beers,
Doc

Bugger - it doesn't pay to be out of the country - even I'd it does mean drinking pints and pints of real ale in the Uk.

If this I cool - pm me payment details an I will sort it out - if no can do I will just console mysel with another pint or four.

Cheers

Brendo

Isn't the order coming from the UK though? Couldn't you use the same link and save on postage?

Cheers

Brendo

Don't worry Brendo .. the copy I am buying is for Melbourne Brewers library, so you will be able to borrow it ... after I have finished with it that is ;)

+1 for air freight

Can you please give a figure in AUD if possible (make sure you round it up a bit so you are not out of pocket O'Henry)

Let me know when you want payment.

Cheers

Chris

Keen to get in on the BB if you are upping the order to 20 punters.
I sent a PM to O'Henry earlier today (have been away for a couple of weeks) - thought I should get on the list here on the off chance the BB goes to 20.

Just for those interested in brewing books(I think thats most of us), if you haven't checked out the "book depository" it is well worth a look. A UK based store that has free delivery worldwide and very cheap when the AUD is good against the pound.

Out of stock on this particular book, but plenty of other british ale books can be found.

Sorry for the OT plug people, just thought I'd mention it if some where unaware.

David.

Back