Oktoberfest @ The German Club Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I see it's up on their site

30 SEPT/1 OCT
FRI 6PM - LATE
SAT 2PM - LATE

OKTOBERFEST AT THE CLUB
WITH THE ECHO BAND AND THE HUNS
TRADITIONAL GERMAN MUSIC
DANCING AND ENTERTAINMENT
GERMAN FOOD, WINE & BEER
ADMISSION $10.00 NON MEMBERS
$5.00 MEMBERS
SORRY, NO BOOKINGS

Looks good for me as it just fits in between shuts! From what I can remember last years was a blast. If Campbell doesn't give them back those little bells he nicked last year perhaps we'll be spared that shit :p

Batz

Ahhhh, the German Club Octoberfest.
I think I've got it sorted nowdays
1. Go to German Club.
2. Wait in line
3. Drink beers
4. ??????????
5. Wake up at home. (Hopefully)

Ahhhh, the German Club Octoberfest.
I think I've got it sorted nowdays
1. Go to German Club.
2. Wait in line
3. Drink beers
4. ??????????
5. Wake up at home. (Hopefully)

Need to arrive earlier this time Perry, can we book a bed at the Winkle Hilton again?

Need to arrive earlier this time Perry, can we book a bed at the Winkle Hilton again?

affirmative to both old thing :icon_cheers:

Great, sounds like a big heap more fun than what I'm having right now.

Day off in Chinchilla today.

57791585.gif

Oooh, sounds like a plan......

Oooh, sounds like a plan......
Yep, I'll say, indeed it does. My plan is a Friday afternoon 'training and liaison session' with colleagues at LandCentre (just up the street from the German Club)...
:icon_cheers:

Yep, I'll say, indeed it does. My plan is a Friday afternoon 'training and liaison session' with colleagues at LandCentre (just up the street from the German Club)...
:icon_cheers:

In before 5:00 pm = no queuing. They come round and collect entry fee before letting the unwashed in @ 6:00

HD

In before 5:00 pm = no queuing. They come round and collect entry fee before letting the unwashed in @ 6:00
Ta very much for the tip! We usually bail from the serious stuff about 3pm anyway, so there's plenty of time to get a few of them rounded up and across the street. That's if they're not already hell- bent on the Pineapple ( :rolleyes: ), but I know a few of them are members at the German anyway, so it should be a push over. Anyway, there will be no argument from my corner! :icon_cheers:

Indeedly, indeedly. Are we thinking the Friday or the Saturday...?

Saturday I believe, just hope I don't get an early start in October.

Saturday seems to work best for the majority, we'll need to get there early this time and annex a large-ish amount of europe table space.

Saturday seems to work best for the majority, we'll need to get there early this time and annex a large-ish amount of europe table space.

Early like 15-30 mins before the place opens I reckon!
I just received start dates for my next job and I'm good for this thing, "ring them bells girls"

Batzb

So, what time are we rocking up guys? As mentioned, early would be best, especially as I'll be off to the main bar to watch the AFL Grand Final at about 2pm........

Cheers!

EDIT: Just noticed that the Octoberfest officially starts at 2 - does anyone know what time the doors open etc? Also, what's the deal with memberships? Can I pop in anytime to join as a social member, or can I just pay the $10 on the day...?

re memberships,

yes, just as you asked, pop in any time .

last year they were not taking new memberships on the days of the fest though :huh:

the $10 is just entry only for the fest or $5 entry if you are all ready a member :)

No membership drink discounts on the day sadly :(

No membership drink discounts on the day sadly :(

Yes that's a bummer, steins were $18.00 a throw last year if I remember......and I don't remember much of the day.
I did have an empty wallet in the morning though.

Maybe we should end up at the Brewhouse this time when it gets dark?

Latest posts

Back