Oh Iodophor, Where For Art Thou?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdavis

Reaction score
Can any of my Melbourne brewing friends tell where it is possible to buy Iodophor?

Every shop I have into so far around the Eastern Suburbs has tried to sell me Hydrogen Peroxide, or Sodium Met niether of which I am interested in. :huh:

Does anyone have a good source for this?

Cheers in advance!

CTG

Can any of my Melbourne brewing friends tell where it is possible to buy Iodophor?

Every shop I have into so far around the Eastern Suburbs has tried to sell me Hydrogen Peroxide, or Sodium Met niether of which I am interested in. :huh:

Does anyone have a good source for this?

Cheers in advance!

CTG

Grain and Grape, click on sponsors link at the top of the page B)

Cheers Steve

:icon_offtopic: 'Where for' (or properly spelt wherefore) actually means 'Why', as opposed to 'Where'. Common misconception about that line. Juliet knew where Romeo was (he was on the balcony above her), she was asking wherefore (why) he was a Montague (the family that juliet's family wasn't too fond of).

Other than that, yeah, G+G sells iodophor, or i have heard of brewers using betadine licuid (not the sore throat gargle) as it is roughly the same, just gotta hit someone up for the right dilution factor. I personally use starsan. $45 of one of the site's sponsors (the one that is singlehandedly responsible for driving up world hop, grain, yeast and oil prices through the roof :ph34r: :eek: :lol: uh, oh, ive been naughty), and it lasts forever, the dilution is 1.5mL/L (according to the bottle), and like, 5mL of the concentrate will easily sanitise one brew, and thats being wasteful on my part, if i bothered to store it, apparantly it can be used for multiple brews.

Lobby

EDIT* Sorry, im an english nerd

You can also use Uniphor which is basically the same thing. I ordered 20ltr (which will last me 4eva) for about $70 delivered to my my door step.

http://www.allfarm.com.au

I've been using it for almost 2 years now and not had any problems.

devo

Thanks everyone!

I haven't made it to G&G yet, but it is on my list of LHB shops to visit.

I find it amazing that some Homebrew shops will still push Sodium Met as a good sanitiser.. I mean, what the hell?? I like my lungs as they are!

I have been using the simple bleach/vinegar mix today, but I will order some of the stuff you guys have recommended.

Cheers again!

CTG

:icon_offtopic: I personally use starsan. $45 of one of the site's sponsors (the one that is singlehandedly responsible for driving up world hop, grain, yeast and oil prices through the roof uh, oh, ive been naughty),

:lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back