Off Topic: Bulk Buy issues

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I have been busy for the last couple of days so have missed the thread.

What seems overly coincidental is that shortly after Mr. Kendrick (Ross) bought a hop bagging/nitrogen flushing machine, bulk buys of hops from Hopco were stopped. This had led to significant increases in the price of hops!!!

It must be noted that before I started these bulk buys (6-8 years ago) a sack of malt cost more than it does now from a HB shop.

Lets see what happens to the price of malt now Mr. Kendrick is the sole supplier of the Eastern states.

cheers

Darren

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my prices have been the benchmark around the country for many years now. I am not a retailer.

I remember back before ross started up Craftbrewer I popped over to the Middle East for a few weeks and when I returned the forum was in a huge ruckus over bulk buys. After reading back over past posts and making discreet enquiries to several members via PM it turned out that a hop bulk buy was vetoed by *someone*. It was from all these problems that the seeds of Craftbrewer were planted. Your chronology is the wrong way around

* I don't know who, I don't think anybody really knows.

As for malt prices, Mr Kendrick (Ross) has certainly heard of me :D . He has moved from kit and kilo proponent to AG extrordinair (spelling) in no time flat. He is a shonk with little understanding of the process AFIAK and there only to monopolise the market.

Any other forum I visit this would be deleted and the poster given a 24 hour ban - seriously what is with the public personal attack - I am at a loss as to why you would do it.

BTW don't all business's try to monopolise the market in a way, I mean you do not open a business for fun, but to make a profit - some people are better business people than others

BTW x 2 - Please do not mention your scotish herritage as an excuse, it is insulting to us Scots B)

Any other forum I visit this would be deleted and the poster given a 24 hour ban - seriously what is with the public personal attack - I am at a loss as to why you would do it.

BTW don't all business's try to monopolise the market in a way, I mean you do not open a business for fun, but to make a profit - some people are better business people than others

BTW x 2 - Please do not mention your scotish herritage as an excuse, it is insulting to us Scots B)

That's why I 'bit' in the first place. Personal attacks - it's just not cricket. If there's nothing good to say, don't say it at all.

Well, MVZoom,

You have been contained. A Scot would always speak their mind.

cheers

Darren

Edit: Unless he was a mangina

This would be a top thread except the the personal attacks on Ross - and he's the only bloke who has a dedicated thread where people post their thanks and appreciate of his service! What gives?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tall Poppy Syndrome (TPS) is a pejorative term used in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and New Zealand to describe what is seen as a levelling social attitude. Someone is said to be suffering from tall poppy syndrome when his or her assumption of a higher economic, social or political position attracts criticism, being perceived as presumptuous, attention seeking or without merit. Alternately, it is seen as a societal trait in which people of genuine merit are criticized or resented because the attention given them elevates them above their peers.

As for wholesale prices on bulk buys:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wholesaling is the sale of goods or merchandise to retailers, to industrial, commercial, institutional, or other professional business users, or to other wholesalers and related subordinated services.[1]

According to the United Nations Statistics Division, "Wholesale" is the resale (sale without transformation) of new and used goods to retailers, to industrial, commercial, institutional or professional users, or to other wholesalers, or involves acting as an agent or broker in buying merchandise for, or selling merchandise to, such persons or companies. Wholesalers frequently physically assemble, sort and grade goods in large lots, break bulk, repack and redistribute in smaller lots.[2]

And yes, I am using Wikipedia as a crutch! :p

InCider.

Oh, Internet forum is the new speak for political correctness is it?

I visited one the other day that said all whites should die in hell.

cheers

Darren

Another said Allah is great and all alcohol drinking, pig fleshed infidels should die.

Sorry for my seemingly personal attacks against individuals.

cheers

Darren

What do you mean by "seemingly" - you called a man by first and last name a Shonk.......

If this was the cricket, all the crowd would be going "wanker" "wanker" "wanker".............. :p

BTW darren I will have to try your beer as by your comments, you must be the beer Brewer in the world - Or is your name Chuck?

Oh, Internet forum is the new speak for political correctness is it?

I visited one the other day that said all whites should die in hell.

cheers

Darren

Another said Allah is great and all alcohol drinking, pig fleshed infidels should die.

cheers

Darren

Why does it not surprise me you frequent these sites Darren? But I am pretty sure you don't mean what your saying above, your posts are getting worse and your digging a hole.

Andrew

That's why I 'bit' in the first place. Personal attacks - it's just not cricket. If there's nothing good to say, don't say it at all.

Oh yeah,

Cricket doesn't sledge

cheers Homebrewers

Darren

FWIW

When I was looking into organising a grain bulk-buy a while back I rang up Cryer malts and they wanted to know if they could use me or someone else as a central point with which to direct home-brewers who wanted to buy malt to?" So clearly they were looking for someone back then, shortly after then, they obviously contacted Ross.
The prices that we had for our bulk buy shortly after that and the prices offered by Ross now differ little, so all in all not a terrible outcome.
As Cryer was obviously getting over the hassle of dealing with smaller fish, at least they still offer bulk buys to us albeit through a third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back