Off Topic: Bulk Buy issues

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
I contacted Cryer Malts and they now do bulk buys through Ross.

Yes, that is correct. Like he did with hops Ross has now stopped bulk buys for every state except SA.

The way malt prices and Ross's profits are going it will be cheaper to buy imported beer

cheers

Darren

Yes, that is correct. Like he did with hops Ross has now stopped bulk buys for every state except SA.

The way malt prices and Ross's profits are going it will be cheaper to buy imported beer

cheers

Darren

Gezzus Darren, maybe you should throw in the towel, take your bat and go home then. :rolleyes:

MVZOOM,

Hasn't affected me. Lets see how you feel after April 1 and see the new malt prices.

cheers

Darren

MVZOOM,

Hasn't affected me. Lets see how you feel after April 1 and see the new malt prices.

cheers

Darren

Cool - no problem - so why comment about it then? Ross' profits have nothing to do with you - especially if you don't have to buy from the bloke.

Cheers - Mike

Cool - no problem - so why comment about it then? Ross' profits have nothing to do with you - especially if you don't have to buy from the bloke.

Cheers - Mike

Hey,

Why, because Ross bagged Grumpys on their forum almost everynight years ago (yes Ross, I remember you). Back then he was a kit and kilo brewer who swore black and blue that kits were the beezneez. Since then he has added another "middleman" to HB which we do not need. Increases in malt prices due to the drought is enough without stopping bulk buys.

cheers

darren

Since then he has added another "middleman" to HB which we do not need.

So what happened? No, don't tell me... Let me guess: Ross took to a Cryer sales rep with a bat until he agreed not to deal with anyone else. Is that it?

It seems more likely Cryer just didn't want to do retail anymore, and Ross has stepped up, like any other big HB store could if they wanted. We do need a middleman if the wholesalers won't deal with us.

On topic, and somewhat less hyperbolic, I'd try talking to one of the bigger locals: Chat with Dave, Mel or Pat. I'm sure any one of them would be happy to arrange an order, and will do a good price.

Hey,

Why, because Ross bagged Grumpys on their forum almost everynight years ago (yes Ross, I remember you). Back then he was a kit and kilo brewer who swore black and blue that kits were the beezneez. Since then he has added another "middleman" to HB which we do not need. Increases in malt prices due to the drought is enough without stopping bulk buys.

cheers

darren

I think you need to call the Waaaambulance.

OK you two.

Glad to see you are both looking out for "pimp-daddy" Ross.

Single suppliers of any product (including malt) should be viewed with caution. This has happened before and prices doubled in a month. Be warned.

cheers

Darren

OK you two.

Glad to see you are both looking out for "pimp-daddy" Ross.

Single suppliers of any product (including malt) should be viewed with caution. This has happened before and prices doubled in a month. Be warned.

cheers

Darren

And glad to see you're stirring shit in yet another thread that you have no intention of contributing constructively to.

Since when is he the sole supplier? We get our malt from where we like in this universe, and we try not to make fools of ourselves when we get, umm, a bit emotional. No-one's making you or I buy from anyone, so you can wipe away those tears now.

Darren,

Maybe my memories not what it used to be, (what with the beer drinking and all), but I could have sworn Ross got into selling Hops because there were no more bulk buys. I always thought he was the solution to the problem, not the cause.

I'm sure there was a thread around here somewhere showing that too. Buggered if I can be arsed finding it though.

As for the prices on Ross' website, look pretty good to me. Seem a bit cheaper than what we can get them here for. How much will freight add to the price of each bag? I think last time it was about $5, but I'm just going with my hazy memory.

Cheers,
Thommo.

cheers

Darren

Sorry ISB guys for cutting in here but...

So Daz say for example if any other person in SA wanted to organise a bulk buy and bypass you there'd probably be no dramas? Refreshing to know that.

Even nicer to know you do it all for nothing mate you old philanthropist. ;)

I'll leave yas to sort your grain... Wish somebody would take the reigns down here. Warren needs grains quicko! :lol:

Warren -

I'll leave yas to sort your grain... Wish somebody would take the reigns down here. Warren needs grains quicko! :lol:

Well, if you need it done, you know what you gotta do. :p

Well, if you need it done, you know what you gotta do. :p

:lol: Yep, force somebody at gunpoint to do the admin and pick-up. Like us and the Little Red Hen. Everybody want's to "eat" the bread but nobody wants to help "bake" it.

I'm sitting tight down in Vic. Already organised, admin and picked up one previously. Somebody else has got to be Mr Big.

Warren -

Ok, I've contacted Dave at North Sydney and Ross and the prices are almost identical overall including discounts and freight. There is a difference in local malts supplied, with Dave having Joe White malts and Ross having Barret Burston malt. One advantage of Dave is that he can deliver it to a couple of places and keep a few bags in his shop for anybody who couldn't come to collect the grains on the day. Personally, I think we should support the local guy (no offence Ross) but what does everyone else think?

Hi Stu,

Personally doesn't worry me at all, we make very little organising the bulk buys on behalf of Cryer Malts.
Personally (having used both) I think the BB Ale is much nicer than JW Ale, but if you're happy with JW, go with whoever you like :)

Edit: ....& Stu, if you want to get Dave to contact me, I'd be happy to give him pricing on all the malts which may suit him/you as well.

Cheers Ross

Ha great work cornering the distribution rights for Cryer Ross. Are you now the sole distributor for them? It was only 6 months ago we could buy direct rather than have you dropship on our behalf.

I cant help but agree with Darrens sentiments on this.

Anyway... Stuster, do you have pricing & available malts so we can confirm our orders?

Hey,

cheers

darren

So how does that differ to what you do Darren? ;)

James

Ok, Ok, Ross is a nice guy and is looking out for you.

Who cares if we have to pay $100 for a bag of malt in the future?

Ross' prices look pretty good ATM. Grab it whilst you can as new prices are significantly higher (eg $60/bag of BB ale out of the warehouse without GST, around $85 without GST for Weyermann pils).

cheers

darren

How about dropping the Ross V Darren "agro fest" and just concentrate on getting this bulk buy fired up!

Ross' prices look pretty good ATM. Grab it whilst you can as new prices are significantly higher (eg $60/bag of BB ale out of the warehouse without GST, around $85 without GST for Weyermann pils).

cheers

darren

The sky is falling, the sky is falling & it's all Ross's fault :p

cheers

darren

Yeah & he caused the drought, poor yields & was behind the grassy noll when JFK was shot :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back