Odd/funny Uk Pub Names

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
I am after a little inspiration as I am after a good quirky name for my brewery or bar. I have got some time off soon and would like to get creative and make a big wooden sign to hang over the bar or brewery.
So I got to thinking about all those crazy UK Pub names and I hope to draw some inspiration from them, so lets have em.
I love all the Firkin ones.

Steve

Okay, I gotta say this one...

"The Cock and Pullet" :ph34r:

Warren -

hmmm,
overwhelming trend to use the word "cock" for you steve....??? :lol:

Reginald Q Fogherington's Beerpourium

or just the Beerpourium

It's in Alaska, not the UK, but a friend of mine regularly goes to Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn.

Seriously.

Aside from innuendo, I was also thinking about this yesterday and I thought a good way to come up with a name with a bit of significance/story would to be look to my family crest, theres three ravens on it (thats taken obviously!) but looking at other branches of the family etc, can give some interesting combinations. so far I've come up with the Star & Raven (or the stark raven :rolleyes: ) The Orb & Chough or The Bee & Raven

Not the greatest names, but I'm still working on it!

Dave

The Kebab and Calculator

I've watched far too much Young Ones in my time on this Earth.

The Cock Inn. phnarr phhnarr gufaww

ot a bit but i used to drink at the Cock Inn, Sibson, my pommy father in law swears he once heard on the local radio of a bloke that was caught speeding nearby to the pub, the newsreader described the event as "a man caught speeding last night was pulled up by the cock"

cheers

Years ago while travelling in the US, I spent a few nights in a place in Seattle called "The Dog House"! :super:

I also like the name of the Sydney pub called "The Bird in Hand"

I've had a few pints at a pub called the "Snooty Fox" in the UK - (Snooty pronounced to rhyme with booty).

If you're after innuendo, just call it the Penis Bar.

Back