Oak Infusion Spirals - EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fattox

Reaction score
Hey guys, just putting out an expression of interest.
Seeing as the US love to **** us on postage rates, I figured I would put something up here.

I was considering ordering a few different oak infusion spirals via the US for some future brewing projects, the required amount for a 20-25L batch is 2 of the spirals which come in at $8USD for a pair for oak, and $16 for other timbers.

Link:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/search/?q=Oak+infusion+spiral

Additionally Farmhouse Brewing Supply has different timbers, like Cyprus, so that could be organised through them, however they don't have different Oak varieties as far as I can see.

Basically I know a few guys over in the US who may be willing to help out, so I'm gauging interest to see whether anyone here is interested. It's a good way to get bulk flavour quickly, and bulk buying is going to make it a lot cheaper. Comparatively I think last time I got some it cost me close to $80 for two to go into my Flanders Red, so the idea here is to cut costs.

Post if interested, if I get a decent amount of interest we may be able to sort something out!

Why not just buy them here.. you dont need spirals.. just get cubes or staves?... there are plenty of sources here

The reason spirals work so quick is the extreme amount of exposed end grain, which means quick extraction of vanillins and other compounds (and also tannins)
for what you're paying, it's much more worth your money to buy chips, they have a slightly lower amount of end grain for much cheaper
Or if you're keen for long term aging and the least tannin extraction, mini staves are best

If you do get them I will take 3 sets.

Seeing as there is minimal interest, I think at this stage we could get away with using Auspost Shopmate and just order what we need and split freight unless we get much more interest. Have a look around and see what you like

Latest posts

Back