Nutribullet?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I've just bought the Kogan compact Bullet, seems to handle Nutribullet and Magic Bullet recipes quite well although it's only got a 250w motor same as the Magic Bullet.

How's this for cheek: :p

nutribullet.jpg

Anyone been bulleting... weight loss / noticeable health improvement?

I just made some green goop with spinach, leek, celery, garlic, avocado, chilli and fresh tomatoes. I'd like to say it was delish, actually it was, well, interesting.

Looking forward to brekky of fruits, ginger and home made yogurt.

kmart has one for $15 and another for $30. no need to spend a fortune although nutribullet owners will tell that their blades are $275 better.

EDIT: no weightloss goals in this house, quite the opposite actually. and certainly no fruit sugar laden juices for breakfast, but rather after a decent meal.

Now you have the Nutribullet, can I interest you in a ThighMaster? I didn't want to say anything when we met in Grafton, but your thighs could use a little toning.

Missus hands me a green drink twice a day. She uses plenty of fruit like pineapple and passionfruit and I must admit they taste real good, even whilst I am drinking a beer. She has the original at the premium price, but if two same things could be had for two different prices, she will buy the dearer one.

Lincoln2 said:
Now you have the Nutribullet, can I interest you in a ThighMaster? I didn't want to say anything when we met in Grafton, but your thighs could use a little toning.
Thighs are good, its the arse overhang that needs working on.

I had an Aldi smoothie maker .. about $20 and currently back in stock I see .. for a few months and it did a fairly good job, but the blade was only a twin blade and a bit gutless. Gave it to a neighbour, the Kogan one has a four blade and a bit more grunt, and it's quite impressive. I get the point about fruit, it's loaded with fructose for some weird reason but I only have two fruit days a week. Rest of the time it's green slime all the way.

Greeeeen sliiiime :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Practicality of the actual unit aside, the nutritional claims made by the manufactures of these glorified blenders is nothing short of new age health guru rubbish.

Surprised Dr Oz hasn't released a "signature series' version accompanied by a recipe book and flogged it on Oprah.

wide eyed and legless said:
If you are growing that plant which is closely related to the hop plant, 8 leaves blended into 1 cup of water is apparently good for arthritis.

I've been hearing a lot of claims like this lately, not having a vested interest (read:not a ******* hippy) I haven't done any reading to find out whether true or false, kinda hoping true though, being a stoned geriatric sounds fun.

Dave70 said:
Practicality of the actual unit aside, the nutritional claims made by the manufactures of these glorified blenders is nothing short of new age health guru rubbish.

Surprised Dr Oz hasn't released a "signature series' version accompanied by a recipe book and flogged it on Oprah.
What you mean it doesn't make ordinary food into SUPER food? And there aren't more nutrients magically created so its better for you than just eating said food?

Always reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where Troy McClure was selling juicers, pushing an orange into his eye and saying "Until now this was the only way to get juice out of an orange"...

2 ltrs of water a day, walk atleast 5 kms every second day, count calories(after you work out how many you should eat a day) and eat healthy...I have lost 17kgs this year doing just this. and still have a few beers aswell...no wizz bang gadgets at my place!

I must have missed something here. I don't see what all the fuss is about.
FatBastard.jpg

I find the nutribullet compliments my liquid diet fabulously. Coffee for brekky, juice for lunch and beer for dinner. Garnished with animal flesh of course.

Seriously, The juice I have at lunch was juiced in the morning. Very minimal oxidation and it is pureed to a very fine consistency. A few of the cooks I have had over the years would love this thing :unsure: .

SWMBO bought the nutribullet (or nut rivulet as auto spelling would have it) about 3 months ago. I only found out at the weekend when we swapped cars and I went to load some shopping in the boot only to find it filled with a cardboard box. So it's her fault I'm still fat

Latest posts

Back