Nutribullet?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forever Wort said:
I think the benefit is that most people will never go to the "effort" of eating the individual ingredients, but will slam a drink down if the ingredients are blended.
This is true, and its a great thing thing to get people to eat more fruit and veg, however, the body has a finite capacity for water based vitamin storage which can be easily met with a basic healthy diet. Once the tanks are full, you simply piss and shit the rest out. It doesn't get stored (and in fact, cant be) in some special reserve or endow you with some kind of super health. My beef with the purveyors of these devices is they encourage the idea that vitman super compensation is in some kind of panacea when in fact the opposite is true.

wide eyed and legless said:
Yes Dave I know your sense of humour by now.
Phew...

Cos I'd hate to think a less experienced player may have read my post, ran off and stripped a handful of leaves off grandmas ivy vine and knocked up a smoothy.
A think a case of the shits would be the least of your worries.

Now I'm off to have an apricot and peanut smoothy for lunch that I intend to combine in a pestle and mortar.

You can get all the vitamins and nutrients you need from a balanced diet of quality food, many people don't though. Many people also have drastically different needs, starting at calorie intake to maintain weight and branching off into everything else. Someone who works long hours then does two hour gym/sparring session had very different needs than he/she would if they were a couch potato.

My post workout banana and spinach smoothie is a part of my diet which I'm trying to make as good as I can as much possible and enjoy my (unfortunately) less regular regular pig outs even more. It has everything I need post workout AND its delicious and refreshing.

WP_20141002_001_zpsbb923d47.jpg

This far into the thread and nobody yet has mentioned that these smoothies are full of fermentables ... shame on you, AHB. Pitch some US-05 up in that nutribullet shit and harken back to the Bronze Age.

in both northern and southern Europe during the Bronze Age (roughly 3000–1000 BC) alcoholic drinks were typically made by mixing together a number of fermentable products, cultivated or wild, including fruits, cereals, and honey ... Indeed during this period whichever wild or cultivated product could be fermented probably was, with little thought of producing specific styles of alcoholic drinks. A good example comes from the grave of a young woman in Egtved, southern Jutland, Denmark, dated to between about 1500 and 1300 BC, in which a birch bark bucket was found which contained traces of lime, meadowsweet and white clover pollen, as well as wheat grains, bog myrtle, cowberry, and cranberry, presumably the remains of an interesting mead/beer/wine beverage.

As I am always looking for ways to reboot my white blood cells I have to rely on what foods I think will help me, I have read an article on this from Harvard University which states that there is no evidence that foods will increase the immune system, which really means no tests have been done. I have 2 Brazil nuts a day plus I eat canned sardines in oil to get my selenium count up, water cress which I grow in my hydro system for vitamin B17 I don't have a nutribullet I have an OmniBlend V apple seeds and skin not the apple, and all the usual suspects of kale, carrots, strawberries, goji berries etc. When I have my blood checked while having my chemo, (which I had this morning ) red blood cells come back brilliant thanks to liver consumption, and white blood cells come back in the lower end of the scale of someone who is not having chemo.
I may try a few apricot pits in my diet now, I found this as acceptable in this link but I did know a girl who was eating them who died suddenly at the time, I had an idea that they were poisonous but she was eating lots of other shit with besides them, she would even swallow sperm to improve her mental capabilities, but that could have been something I told her would happen.
By the way I made a mental note of all the others receiving chemo, all except for myself and one skinny Indian chap were obese.
http://www.undergroundhealth.com/natures-cancer-prevention-vitamin-b17/

StalkingWilbur said:
Ohhh I love a sceptic that's ready to slam everything just because they don't agree with it.

It takes me less than a minute to prepare a baby spinach and banana smoothie. I cram that sucker full of baby spinach. It would take me longer to put it on a plate (not that it would fit) and eat it. Further more, baby spinach (even though I enjoy it and eat it in salads and sandwiches) tastes a dickload better when blended with banana, ice, chocolate whey isolate and water.

No body in this thread is claiming it magically intensifies the amount of nutrients you get from it. In fact, we quite blatantly mocked the claims made by the add.

The only thing that is bunkem of the highest order is people commenting on stuff they've never tried or have no idea about.
It takes me about 30mins to shell and eat a Kg of fresh caught praws. Also gives time to drink a few beers. I can honestly say that I enjoy every single minute of that 30mins shelling and eating. Some times you just have to take your time to sit back and enjoy food

Dave70 said:
Phew...

Cos I'd hate to think a less experienced player may have read my post, ran off and stripped a handful of leaves off grandmas ivy vine and knocked up a smoothy.
A think a case of the shits would be the least of your worries.
Bugger...

Ducatiboy stu said:
It takes me about 30mins to shell and eat a Kg of fresh caught praws. Also gives time to drink a few beers. I can honestly say that I enjoy every single minute of that 30mins shelling and eating. Some times you just have to take your time to sit back and enjoy food
I completely agree. Sometimes. If I ever make it over your way I'd be more than happy to buy a mixed bag of craft beers, a few kg of prawns and do just that.

Dinner at my house sometimes last for hours with some good beer and wine and a lot of shit talking and it's not unusual for me to spend two hours at dinner when we go to my favorite Brazillian BBQ restaurant. But, sometimes I'm hot and sweaty after the gym and a delicious, healthy, guilt free smoothie is exactly what I want. My time reference was a reply to something someone else said, but the point is very much valid.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Where did you get that stapler, I need one at work.
Requisitioned from Officeworks.

The plier one, Bostich P3 - make sure you order the staples with it co nothing else fits. The HD ones.

The black one, J Burrows - JBHDSTAP. Get the 23/13 staples. Smash 90 pages in one hit.

The staple pullers are also a must.

Yep, office stationary. Surprisingly ignored by the Discovery Channel.

Yesterday I had 2 students call to the house with a stainless salad/vegetable grater and offered to make me a free salad, invited them in and they made a lovely salad, asked how much for the grater, free, if I allow some chefs to come around and prepare a meal for 8 people, the catch is they want to sell me a range of cookware, having been in the sales and scam game declined.
But one of the students I picked as Indian ( Hindu ) the other a Muslim, both very nice and polite, asked them to stay for a cup of tea and a political review of the world. the wife came in at that point and made me unlock the doors and let them go about their business.

Bribie G said:
Bullet is great for mixing up Polyclar.
Now that's a use I can support. Nutribullets all round.

I used to have a dedicated milkshake thingo for polyclar but SWMBO's grandkids stole it.

wide eyed and legless said:
As I am always looking for ways to reboot my white blood cells I have to rely on what foods I think will help me, I have read an article on this from Harvard University which states that there is no evidence that foods will increase the immune system, which really means no tests have been done. I have 2 Brazil nuts a day plus I eat canned sardines in oil to get my selenium count up, water cress which I grow in my hydro system for vitamin B17 I don't have a nutribullet I have an OmniBlend V apple seeds and skin not the apple, and all the usual suspects of kale, carrots, strawberries, goji berries etc. When I have my blood checked while having my chemo, (which I had this morning ) red blood cells come back brilliant thanks to liver consumption, and white blood cells come back in the lower end of the scale of someone who is not having chemo.
I may try a few apricot pits in my diet now, I found this as acceptable in this link but I did know a girl who was eating them who died suddenly at the time, I had an idea that they were poisonous but she was eating lots of other shit with besides them, she would even swallow sperm to improve her mental capabilities, but that could have been something I told her would happen.
By the way I made a mental note of all the others receiving chemo, all except for myself and one skinny Indian chap were obese.
http://www.undergroundhealth.com/natures-cancer-prevention-vitamin-b17/
Stick with it pal. My son was 15 when the leukimia hit. Very active family. Huge change in lifestyle. He's now 37, still eats body building and odd stuff. Don't know what sort of blender they have, but some of the juices taste great and give you a real kick of energy the next day.

Latest posts

Back