Nutribullet?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting in the waiting room at the dentist i had the misfortune to see a long advertorial for those things on whatever crap morning tv they were showing.

F me dead. What a load of unmitigated crap. I'm looking up on google how to report those guys for making unsubstantaied health claims. "realease the nutrients and turn food into superfood" my arse.

StalkingWilbur said:
My post workout banana and spinach smoothie is a part of my diet which I'm trying to make as good as I can as much possible and enjoy my (unfortunately) less regular regular pig outs even more. It has everything I need post workout AND its delicious and refreshing.
Wilbur, been throwing some spinach into my smoothies this last week after reading your post. Adds another dimension to it that I love and plays so well with banana. Cheers for the idea.

Airgead said:
Sitting in the waiting room at the dentist i had the misfortune to see a long advertorial for those things on whatever crap morning tv they were showing.

F me dead. What a load of unmitigated crap. I'm looking up on google how to report those guys for making unsubstantaied health claims. "realease the nutrients and turn food into superfood" my arse.
Fairly certain your arse is not a superfood

I have no desire to eat it even if it is

Midnight Brew said:
Wilbur, been throwing some spinach into my smoothies this last week after reading your post. Adds another dimension to it that I love and plays so well with banana. Cheers for the idea.
Nice. I'm addicted to them! Even if you're not "breaking down nutrients to the cellular level", I think most people aren't getting enough green leafy stuff in their diet and this is a delicious way to get a little bit more.

I want a tasty way to eat celery, have u tried that with your banana juice Wilbur :)

Nope! I can try it and report back, but I'm not too optimistic.

I do have this occasionally, but it's not what I would consider "delicious".

Joe Rogan Kale Shake Recipe

4 stalks kale
4 celery stems
1 cucumber
1 pear
1/2″ ginger
8 oz water (optional, to help items blend together more smoothly)

Damn it's been a coupla years since I've had rabbit. Thanks for making me hungry again Mans...

DU99 said:
Metamucil,glass every morning..saves buying one of those whizz gadgets
Metamucil is a total ripoff, I buy psyllium by weight from a local health food shop - also available in the Woolies hippy foods aisle.

Heaped dessertspoon full in a glass of warm lemon water half an hour before eating. Then the smoothie. This morning's was spinach, a kiwifruit and a few blueberries then fill to "max" line with kefir and whizz up.
I've lost one and a half kilos since starting this thread, a fair bit of it due to increased energy and activity - some sort of synergy at work.

ed: if young Shaunous lost more weight he'd end up in the emergency dept. :p :p

I wear big clothes to make me look skinnier, I could do with losing 10kg :)

DU99 said:
Metamucil,glass every morning..saves buying one of those whizz gadgets
Really good for making cheap slime for the kids too; fake snot if left uncoloured

Psyllium husk was what dear mum would give us, a tablespoon mixed in a small bowlnof fresh sour yoghurt, to relieve constipation.
Really effective. Its pure fibre really.

I wonder how effective these blender things really are at unlocking nutrients. Cooking wilts down food and generally breaks down the matrix of buffers holding the nutrients. It also changes the food chemically to more digestible forms. How much could a blender really do in that respect? It also goes into the body hot/warm and aids the metabolism which cold food doesn't.
Yes, I only eat so much so am dubious about replacing cooked meals with this. I generally don't have a problem waiting for a meal even after a workout.

I don't think it should be used to replace meals. Though there's very good reasons as to why you should eat or have a smoothie after a workout. Calories, carbs and protein all play an important role, but most people, myself included, concentrate on the protein to help repair muscle damage and stop your body further breaking down muscle tissue for the energy required.

I went out and bought a George Foreman mix & go on sale at Harvey Norman simply because I love the great mans work, (George, not Harvey) and it was cheap.
Gotta say, the suckers convenient. Quick rinse and we're good to go. Haven't killed it yet despite loading it with nuts and fruit, whey and milk to the point of having to force the lid shut.
From a design perspective its a winner. At least for consuming fluids by the pint, and who's going to argue with that?
I plan to pack it with steak, gravy, potatoes and broccoli shortly, microwave it and see how that goes.

Theres no problem replacing regular meals with blender drinks for convenience sake, my last one rocked about 800 calories, but only people like Oprah replace meals to loose weight, and look at her.
At the end of the day it's calories in vs calories out, and there's no way to circumvent it, unless you want to join the bodybuilding / figure sculpting set and start with the HGH, clenbuterol and so on.

Easiest way is to track your calories and macros with a fitday (there are plenty others), estimate your BMR and reduce your daily intake by a sensible amount. Knocking off only 500 cal per day will see you loose in the order of half a kilo a week. The key is consistency and patience. Eating yourself fat over winter than trying to get your beach body back in a matter of weeks is a recipe for bouncing back even fatter than before.

As so often happens, this is a simple thing made to seem complicated by diet peddling hucksters. The fact that the diet industry in the US alone is worth an estimated 20 billion a year and Americans are the fattest fucks on earth speaks volumes.

Latest posts

Back