Nsw Xmas In July 2006 Case Consumption

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case anybody missed it in the other thread

All of the Newcastle entries are at MHB's ready for pick-up.

n00ch, Gough, Weizguy, Stephen, Keith, Trent, Chilled

Enjoy :chug:

Thanks Schmick, I had missed it. I'll head down to pick mine up this arvo. I'll try and remember Brent's beer for you as well this time :rolleyes:

THanks again mate. I'll try and restrain myself from working my way through the lot in front of the footy tonight :lol:

Go the Blues!!

Shawn.

Warning
Take care when opening Linz's contribution. The one is my case is highly carbonated. :excl:

Doc

Warning
Take care when opening Linz's contribution. The one is my case is highly carbonated. :excl:

Doc

Thanks for the heads up, Doc. Mine was the same. This one should be put in the fridge NOW. Pour with care.

Hi all,

I am in Canada at the moment but I have been advised that my cases have been dropped off, so thanks to everybody that had a part in the process. I'm dying of anticipation over here now that some of the reviews are starting to come in. If it wasn't for the great range of microbrews here in Canada, I would be on the next plane back! :p ;)

I obviously don't have my recipe on hand, but I'll post it when I get back in late July. My beer was carbonated properly (IMO) when I left so drink away people, and I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers, ehhh? :eek:

TD

Warning

Doc

Thanks for the heads up, Doc. Mine was the same. This one should be put in the fridge NOW. Pour with care.

Likewise, thanks for the headsup fellas. That one went stright to the fridge.

I tried Doc's Irish Red on Wednesday night and broadly agree with Barry's review. I enjoyed the beer a lot - my bottle didn't exhibit any oxidation probs or astringency. Very Xtally but balanced just short of cloying. A good winter warmer. Well brewed Doc :)

Shawn.

Hi gang,
i did this at chrissy for the case, so i thought i'd chuck it on here for all to use at July.
i throw it on the fridge to make going through the case easier and a bit more organised.
i tried to put most of the beers in some form of order in terms of bottling date/drinkabiltity.
and i also tried to... if possible group a few styles together if the bottling dates allowed.
you'll see some stouts/porters together and a group of english bitters.

anyway... its attached, let me know if i stuffed anything up.
Last year it made a great convo piece for visitors, i was quite surprised how many people commented on what a great idea it was! a few people asked if they could jump in by supplying a case of commercial longnecks... :lol: :blink:

View attachment AHB_Xmas_July_Case.doc

Tried Doc's Irish Red last night - very impressive.

Did I detect a little water treatment tweaking towards the end of the bottle?
A slight salty/carbonate type aftertaste which it seems I'm a little susceptable to.
Maybe I'm just used to the sludge that comes out of the taps in our area these days.

Thoroughly enjoyed it Doc. Top marks.. :D

Looks good KoNG. Have printed and will be going on the shed fridge.

Beers,
Doc

A slight salty/carbonate type aftertaste which it seems I'm a little susceptable to.
Maybe I'm just used to the sludge that comes out of the taps in our area these days.

Cheers Shmick, Gough, HBW, Barry.

No water treatment other than going through a sediment filter then a carbon filter.
Unfortunately I have none left, so can't re-taste myself :(

Doc

Looks good KoNG. Have printed and will be going on the shed fridge.

Beers,
Doc

I couldnt find any info for 'Josh'...?
am i looking at an old version...?
if you have more details josh it would be appreciated..

Cheers
KoNG

Josh's info was in there somewhere, Kong. Anyway, here it is.

Josh - Pilsener, Saflager 34/70, Bottled 20/04/06, give a week settling in fridge

cheers Stuster....
I'll amend the original Word doc for future users.
sorry Josh, couldnt find it.

Let me add my thanks to all the peoples involved in the organisation of the case swap, your efforts have been, and are being much appreciated.

I shared TD's Boston Lager last night with a couple of family members and jotted down my thoughts. Rather than judge to syle I have simply noted my own observations about the beer:

Appearance: The beer had a great looking white fluffy head that disappeared as I worked my way down the glass. There was a slight haze present which lessened as the beer warmed up - chill haze is the obvious guess.

Aroma: I found the beer had an enjoyable, gentle spicy aroma.

Flavour: Initially I tasted a distinct hop bite - that matched the aroma, as the beer warmed, my palate was telling me that the bite was now coming from the carbonation. A very dry finish with low bitterness that matched the body of the beer very well.

Mouthfeel: Light to medium-light bodied beer with medium carbonation. There was a very slight oiliness that rolled over my tongue.

Overall: I enjoyed the beer after it warmed just a smidge, and found it very drinkable and very morish. A very well made beer, the balance between malt and bitterness makes for excellent drinkability. Two thumbs up and thanks for the fine drop.

Happy brewing,

Keith

Actually tried my 'Stephen's Special Bitter' last night. I'm not going to comment on it suffice to say that it is abit overcarbonated. Will benefit from sitting in the fridge for a couple of days to help tone the head, but it will foam a bit: It's not a gusher.

As for tasting comments - I'll wait for others to comment.

Cheers

Steve

PS Abig thanks to all who helped with this. I dips me lid to yas!

Nifty dropped my case around today. Can't wait to get into these beers.

I didn't label my beer apart from the "JB" on the bottle top.
Recipe

Kong,

It's probably a good idea to revisit the start of this thread, and see the amendments for my brews too. You may want to update the list for my beerz too.

I'll be sampling my weisse in about 3 weeks (spare stubbies) to see if I'll recommend it for carbonation/drinkability.

BTW, Kong, did U get the Passionate Sarcasm?

Beerz
Seth out :p

Weiz....
i'll update the list when i get a chance.
i definately go the passionate brew... i thanked you lots somewhere else.. but i'll do it again.. hahaha.. thanx heaps. much appreciated.

No water treatment other than going through a sediment filter then a carbon filter.

Doc
Doc

Tried your Irish red tinoght and as stated in previous posts, AWESOME!!! I wont do the BJCP thing as the quality of your beer does not warrent it - In my books 50/50.

Steve

Doc
Doc

Tried your Irish red tinoght and as stated in previous posts, AWESOME!!! I wont do the BJCP thing as the quality of your beer does not warrent it - In my books 50/50.

Steve

Thanks Stephen. I enjoyed the few pints I got from the brew too. The brew has evolved over six brews to the point I'm very happy with it.
Will be brewing again soon.

Doc

Doc

If that is the recipe in the recipe tab of this forum then I think I will be brewing this soon also!

Latest posts

Back