Nsw Mid North Coast Recommendations - To Live

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO's son lives in Berrima, we were there in Feb as it happens. A few years ago we were there on the day before New Years Eve and it was colder than it ever gets in Brisbane - I had to borrow a ski coat and beanie. The next day we were swimming at Freshwater beach at 32

bbrrrrr.

SWMBO's son lives in Berrima, we were there in Feb as it happens. A few years ago we were there on the day before New Years Eve and it was colder than it ever gets in Brisbane - I had to borrow a ski coat and beanie. The next day we were swimming at Freshwater beach at 32

bbrrrrr.

Haha. It was 4 degrees here on Saturday night at midnight. Lots of people still out in the beer garden (really just a smoking area). Probably only half wearing jackets. Most guys just jeans and shirt. Most girls in hardly anything. Even saw one guy in shorts & T-shirt. You get used to it.

You get used to it.

We don't want to get used to it.

I detest winter.

I grew up in The Netherlands. Too darned cold, flat, and crowded.
Moved to New Zealand. Too darned cold, and too many sheep.
Moved to Sydney. Barely tolerable, but work made it a necessity.
Moved to Port Macquarie. A little more tolerable.

I'm seriously thinking of overwintering in Cairns and the summers somewhere around here.

We don't want to get used to it.

I detest winter.

I grew up in The Netherlands. Too darned cold, flat, and crowded.
Moved to New Zealand. Too darned cold, and too many sheep.
Moved to Sydney. Barely tolerable, but work made it a necessity.
Moved to Port Macquarie. A little more tolerable.

I'm seriously thinking of overwintering in Cairns and the summers somewhere around here.

Ah the joy of being retired warra. Pretty much my plan, when I retire. Summer in Bowral, winter FNQ somewhere. Still, thats a long way off...

Ah the joy of being retired warra. Pretty much my plan, when I retire. Summer in Bowral, winter FNQ somewhere. Still, thats a long way off...
Well make it soon before CamJoh seals the borders.

We are already finding it hard to get a removalist quote as the exodus is beginning. Serious. :eek:

Even our cleaning lady is bailing out when her lease ends and SWMBOs other daughter who is in a Commission townhouse has had her letter and I picked up a heap of cartons for her from Kennards yesterday. She will stay with Sis at Old Bar for a while.

Cleaning Lady.... reminds me. ..

I'll need to stock up on Brut :blink:

Well make it soon before CamJoh seals the borders.

We are already finding it hard to get a removalist quote as the exodus is beginning. Serious. :eek:

Even our cleaning lady is bailing out when her lease ends and SWMBOs other daughter who is in a Commission townhouse has had her letter and I picked up a heap of cartons for her from Kennards yesterday. She will stay with Sis at Old Bar for a while.

Cleaning Lady.... reminds me. ..

I'll need to stock up on Brut :blink:
Hey Bribie,
If you move closer to Newcastle, I can recommend a great cleaner (my fiancee).
Maybe Nelson Bay (closer to Murray's Brewery/pub/restaurant). I'm at Medowie, and it's 15 min to Murray's; 40 min to Potters in the valley, nr wine country. FWIW.

Will be good to catch up. I would also recommend the local brew club (HUB - Hunter United Brewers). Come down and help out with the NSW State Comp on 17 and 18/8, for a taste. You won't regret it. There may be cheap accom at Potters too.

Local guy says they are tied up on their Interstate truck till Xmas to WA and its not all miners. Nurses docs and teachers with families. Interesting to say the least. Soon to be followed by Camjohs 20000 = probably 50000 people thrown on scrapheap if you take into account wives and kids. Courier Mail calculates that one sacking from the PS affects 2.5 people in the private sector so nearly a quarter of a million headed for poverty row in one fell swoop. Its slaughter up here. Car parks and restaurants emptying out in the CBD already. :wacko: :wacko:

Local guy says they are tied up on their Interstate truck till Xmas to WA and its not all miners. Nurses docs and teachers with families. Interesting to say the least. Soon to be followed by Camjohs 20000 = probably 50000 people thrown on scrapheap if you take into account wives and kids. Courier Mail calculates that one sacking from the PS affects 2.5 people in the private sector so nearly a quarter of a million headed for poverty row in one fell swoop. Its slaughter up here. Car parks and restaurants emptying out in the CBD already. :wacko: :wacko:

wow. Have you tried getting a quote from a removalist that is from your destination?

That's plan B - however we don't have a date as yet. As plan C I do have, from a former life, a Heavy Rigid licence for something bigger than the Europcar / Budget wannabee removals trucks so I may end up having to round up a couple of hefty blokes and do it myself. I'm sure Tidal Pete will be in it for giggles. :icon_cheers: Problem is I hate country music but I'll probably have to listen to it all the way down and back to keep "on theme" and get myself a suitable hat of course.

seabass.jpg

Do you seriously think there is an easier way to fix the problem, if so you should have ran. Let's not forget how we got into this mess to start with & really Bribie why would you lend any weight to anything the courier mail offers.

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Paul, as I'm outta here I'm not really interested in whether they fix the problem or not, I'll leave it to you Queenslanders to ponder that :lol:

Paul, as I'm outta here I'm not really interested in whether they fix the problem or not, I'll leave it to you Queenslanders to ponder that :lol:

The weather in Greece & Spain seems nice this time of the year.

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Bellingen buddy. A great place to live.

Bellingen is AWSOME. Fantastic pub that serves a local brewed beer " Darkwood Ale" sort of like an APA. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could. its only just down the road. I like going there just for the hell of it. :icon_chickcheers:

With all this "don`t go to this town" and "do go to that town", it`s strange nothing`s been mentioned about something a bit more critical than how many pubs a place has, whether the people wear flannel shirts {oh the horror} etc.
EMPLOYMENT!!.......what do you plan about that?

I was going to work till I was 70 but as I'm now in my 64th year I decided to chuck in the towel :icon_drunk:

Edit: every single male in our family in the 20th century died whilst on the job. The job, not the other job. :p - except for Uncle John who reputedly was a lad.

Amazingly I will be the first of the Clan to actually retire since about 1890. Mind you "on the job" often meant storming the German Trenches or wielding a pick at level 5, gallery 6, seam 5 down t'pit.

Who knows I might get a part time gig at Liquorland, all the guys in our stores round here are ancient and this is also a Centrelink area. However best not to let on that I know a bit about grog :rolleyes:

Bellingen buddy. A great place to live.
Agreed, Bello is a really nice place
I'd love to get a couple of acres out there in the next couple of years
though if you DO look at moving there, stick to the high ground, it can flood there sometimes

Not really sold on the Bello brewery's beer, i had their chilli beer at the sawtell chilli fest and it was god awful (tipped the majority of it in a garden) and their pale ale wasn't much better when i had it

Back