Nsw July Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another awesome swap day, big thanks to Barls for hosting and fatz for driving. Some awesome beers circulating during the afternoon and the smoked sausages were a treat. Nice to catch up with you all.

cheers

grant

ive got plenty of glasses maybe a couple of chairs if you can.
ive got to apologise for smilees labels as the bottles have been sprinkled on in a shower to day.

Thanks Barls and my apologies too. I ride a motorbike and they were in the trailor when "it" came down!
Cheers!

If the labels are in total disrepute. They have texta on the top.. Saying 12 and 22/6 (from memory), it is an Enlish Bitter. Its been over a month in the bottle and drinking well now, but I think it will improve with a bit more age..(he says mildly as he is speaking to the converted

Hey guys, good to see you all, sorry i got there so late and then buggered off so quick :)

Looking forward to getting through the case...

Oh yeah, I should add, my entry (no labels, but the only ones with black caps) was only bottled THIS MORNING!

It's a Nelson Sauvin loaded IPA, I'd give it 5 weeks min before cracking one.....AND THAT IS ASSUMING YOU KEEP IT WARM.........

Great day, I do have to apologise for my junior brewer and her attitude towards the end of the day, although her utter dislike of Graham for no apparent reason was rather amusing.... :p

Oh yeah, I should add, my entry (no labels, but the only ones with black caps) was only bottled THIS MORNING!

It's a Nelson Sauvin loaded IPA, I'd give it 5 weeks min before cracking one.....AND THAT IS ASSUMING YOU KEEP IT WARM.........

Great day, I do have to apologise for my junior brewer and her attitude towards the end of the day, although her utter dislike of Graham for no apparent reason was rather amusing.... :p

No worries Tim. She made those of us with older children fondly remember how much fun children are and those without children remember to stringently use birth control ! She was fine like all the kids there.

Brilliant hospitality by Barls as usual, well done sailor. No one does case swap days like Barls (thank goodness :rolleyes: )

To the new blokes like Gregor, Meggs, Hopping Mad, Unrealuous, DJR and those other guys whose name I can't remember, it was great to meet you and look forward to seeing you again. Look forward to the beer too!

To Grant, Kellie, Damian and the other helpers well done on the crating. I'm sure you appreciated my not being there!

To my travelling companions, we got to find a new route to Barls' place. I hate traffic! Got home safely at 10.45pm and a rabbit was the only critter to challenge the Commodore to a death duel. I won!

Always looking forward to the next time we gather.

Hey fatz, i'm not new as my postcount will attest - just been off the game for a while :)

OK - so i forgot - my beer #8 is an APA and needs at least 2-3 weeks more to carb up - only bottled last weekend. 75% Vienna or so with some Amarillo and Sauvin.

Hey fatz, i'm not new as my postcount will attest - just been off the game for a while :)

OK - so i forgot - my beer #8 is an APA and needs at least 2-3 weeks more to carb up - only bottled last weekend. 75% Vienna or so with some Amarillo and Sauvin.

Meant new blokes I have the pleasure of meeting .. I've enjoyed reading many of your postings over the past years and look forward to bottle no. 8. :icon_chickcheers:

An awesome day with a great bunch of brewers.
It was good to put some faces to names, but with my memory, Ive only retained a few. Maybe Ill remember a few more after the next one.
A special thanks to Barls for hosting and also to those who did the actual swapping.
Ive gone back through the posts to find out what most of the beers are exect from one. Does anyone know what #18 is? Its from davelovesbeer.

Gregor

Thanks Barls and my apologies too. I ride a motorbike and they were in the trailor when "it" came down!
Cheers!
thanks mate, i dont think any one was really worried about the label.
a good day was had by all, just finished cleaning up and the glasses are being washed.
its a pity that we had two that didn’t even show up.
the highlights for me was fatz’ crystal wiesen and watching the little dog evade tims daughter.
also hearing that fatz lost his sausage to a very quick little dog.
thanks all for the kind comments and im sure we will have one at my place again in the future.
hey tim, i think you left behind a small basket ball.

I have updated the Wiki Article where I have found some info. Please check and update your entry, especially on when the beer would be best drunk or carbed enough.

Bit hopeless on the computer could not work out how to update. Could anyone please explain

I have updated the Wiki Article where I have found some info. Please check and update your entry, especially on when the beer would be best drunk or carbed enough.

open the wiki and then hit edit and find your name and type the update after it.
any problems pm me the info and ill add it.

Thanks to everyone for a great day of beer.

Looking forward to trying all the tasty brews.

Stu - you have a side swap of a Maris Golden Ale labelled MG which is ready to drink.

Josh - you have a side swap of a Smoky Ale labelled SA which needs a couple of weeks mellowing time.

Cheers

Barls, yeah that would be our basketball, no big deal I'll grab it at a later date eventually......

Little one slept well after the dog chase though. One downside I had was roughly 2 mins after leaving your place my rear view mirror detached itself from my windscreen and landed in the centre console....I managed to force it back on while driving along Victoria Rd and then fixed it in place with leccy tape I found in the door pocket.....

hey tim, we were still playing fetch at 10pm so it was a decent work out.
ill chuck the ball aside and hopefully get it to you in future.

gruntus, i forgot to give you your test tubes on the day.

Thanks Barls,

It was a pity I couldn't stay very long - but glad I made it as there were some great beers to be sampled, and it was nice to meet everyone.

Looking forward to drinking some of these beers now...

anyone started a tasting thread yet?
Just tried my first one. Although I dont really know my styles, I can at least comment on if I liked it or not.
#11 - Gruntus' Marzen, gets the thumbs up from me.
Luky me, I ended up with 2 of those puppys.

An awesome day with a great bunch of brewers.
It was good to put some faces to names, but with my memory, Ive only retained a few. Maybe Ill remember a few more after the next one.
A special thanks to Barls for hosting and also to those who did the actual swapping.
Ive gone back through the posts to find out what most of the beers are exect from one. Does anyone know what #18 is? Its from davelovesbeer.

Gregor

Sorry guys, been a bit hectic at home with a new baby, and a crazy 2 year old. I thought my beer was number 14. It had little green stickers on the lid, which I thought i wrote the number on. Yeah, Im sure I wrote 14. Anyway it is a cop[per ale I guess (coppery colored), and it should be ready to drink now, although I must say, I havent tried it yet, so hopefully it will be fine.

Sounds like a good day was had at Barls, sorry I missed it..

Davelovesbeer

Back