Nsw Homebrew Competition 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone make it along to day one of the NSW comp today ?
If so how did it go ?

Beers,
Doc

Exactly why I sit back in the peanut gallery and view contests from afar these days... nuff said. :lol:

Warren -

Good Day

(ducking peanuts) It was a great day yesterday. Lots of old faces and many new. It went like clockwork because of the efforts of Ray, Andrew, Scott, David and others. Had five banks of three judges judging at the same time which made it run well. The second and final day of judging is on today and I am now off to catch the 7.12 from Sutherland to The Gong.

Doc,
Sorry, I let it slip that you weren't 'really into the comp thing', so the stewards figured in that case they'd just put your 4 entries aside and drink them on the quiet. :)

Rgds,
Pete

Cheers Peter.
Did you guys enjoy them ? :p

Doc

So can we expect some results posted here sometime soon? :)

Borret

Fingers crossed Borret.
I hear that the results were finalised yesterday afternoon.
Just not sure when they will be released to the wider community.

Beers,
Doc

Geez Doc,
What are you like at Christmas time? :)

The poor blighters are probably having a well deserved rest from things beery.

Anyway in this er... 'quiet time' I'd like to extend a big thank you to all involved.

Rgds,
Pete

Peter Wadey said:
Geez Doc,
What are you like at Christmas time? :)

The poor blighters are probably having a well deserved rest from things beery.

Anyway in this er... 'quiet time' I'd like to extend a big thank you to all involved.

Rgds,
Pete
[post="79498"][/post]​

Thanks for you kind words Peter.

Didn't really have a rest today as I got back from the 'gong late yesterday and didn't feel like firing up the laptop so I had to check and doublecheck all judges sheets to look for any calculation errors today.

But I can now declare 'correct weight'.

All competitors will receive their results back in the next few days, but for the impatient and curious you can see a summary of the results at:

http://nsw.craftbrewer.org/index.php?id=392

Thanks and Congratulations to all involved.

David

I got a first place in the Australian plae ale, a third place for my scottish 80 and a third place for my Ironbark smoked ale :)

i am stoaked.

I didnt expect to get anything.

will have to inprove for next year now B)

cheers and congrats to all other winners :super:

Tony said:
I got a first place in the Australian plae ale, a third place for my scottish 80 and a third place for my Ironbark smoked ale

i am stoaked.

I didnt expect to get anything.

will have to inprove for next year now

cheers and congrats to all other winners
[post="79559"][/post]​

Congratulations Tony :beerbang:

I wondered if that was you :) Congrats to all the other winners as well. I put a bitter and a kolsch style in for no placing this year so I'll have to improve for next year as well :lol:

Congrats again,

Shawn.

Tony said:
I got a first place in the Australian plae ale, a third place for my scottish 80 and a third place for my Ironbark smoked ale :)

[post="79559"][/post]​

Well done Tony :beer: , The Aussie Pale must have been good, coz your Scottish was superb... Would like to think Duc, Pumpy & myself could claim some of the glory (for the Scottish), but I guess watching you brew while emptying your beer fridge doesn't quite count ;) ...

Congartulations Tony :super:

Great result . bet your having a few tonight :beer:

Batz

Good work Tony. That Scottish was a great beer.

Thanks to Pumpy and Ross for helping me empty your beer fridge whilst you made the Scottish...Although Pumpy had trouble getting his head away from the smell of the kettle...the way he was hugging it , I thought he was going to carry it home...

Good to see that the yeast I sent you survived the rigours of Aust post...

Well done Tony :D , congratulations also to Peter Wadey, If I missed out on anyone congratulations too.

Cherrs
Andrew

i got 2nd in belgians and 128pts for my big spicy rye belgian strong dark ale... hooray, now i can send some of my bizarre belgians in to the nationals.
guess my US barleywine was a bit young... ill enter it again next year.
congrats to tony and others too

corin

We shall now call you Mr. Bone! :p ;)

Good stuff NM! :beerbang:

Warren -

All places in the Pale Ale category were Scotch Ales. :eek: Is the hop dead? :unsure:

Warren -

Back