NSW annual pub crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try and make it, I will probably have work until mid afternoon. I'll see closer to the date

ok so at the moment we have
lowenbrau
lord
australian (possibly lunch)
harts (possibly lunch)
then possibly newtown pubs. i need some help on this one as i only know young henrys and the union.

what happened to those little bars in Sydney? Worth a visit?

most of them dont open till after 4pm.

and plans for that late in the day are right out the window :chug:

I havent been to the Australian in a while - still good ?

The Royal Albert in Surry Hills has a few craftbrews but is a bit out of the way in current plan.

I think Young Henrys definitely worth a visit, the Union is usually good but perhaps someone visit during the week to see whats on tap ?

The Courthouse & Sando also have a couple craftbrew taps, thou again need to check in the week before.

Im thinking spending more time at good pubs ie 5 or so than rushing around too much... (will give fatz a heart attack)

redbeard said:
Im thinking spending more time at good pubs ie 5 or so than rushing around too much... (will give fatz a heart attack)

well said, young man! (maybe time for another wheelchair at the annual crawl!)

dont forget we also need to visit his brother in the city as well.

redbeard said:
I havent been to the Australian in a while - still good ?

The Royal Albert in Surry Hills has a few craftbrews but is a bit out of the way in current plan.

I think Young Henrys definitely worth a visit, the Union is usually good but perhaps someone visit during the week to see whats on tap ?

The Courthouse & Sando also have a couple craftbrew taps, thou again need to check in the week before.

The Sandringham has been closed for quite a while. It re-opened last week as The Newtown Social Club. Will drop by this arvo and see if they serve craft beer.

Young Henry's close at 12 pm on Saturdays (but they may accommodate for a "function")

Youngs Henrys - the last 2 sat's ive been there, they've closed later - depends on staff & traffic.

forgot about the Sando :(

canon1ball said:
18th fine!
Sorry guys, not anymore, I'll be in serious trouble if I dared!
A relative got married in Las Vegas beginning of this month and the newly weds decided to have the reception on the 18th back here. Damn!!!
So, guess where the family and I going instead, Hazelbrook in the Mountains! Was so looking forward to this day.
I'm sure you're going to have a great day and hopefully a strong turnout. Maybe someone can post a few pix?
Pete

barls said:
lowenbrau
lord
harts (possibly lunch)
then possibly newtown pubs. i need some help on this one as i only know young henrys and the union.
The Union is definately the best pub in Newtown for craft brews. As others have mentioned Young Henry's can accomodate for a 'function' but generally it's cellar door only til 12pm only. The Courthouse usually just has one Young Henry's brew, White Rabbit Dark Ale and the rest are commericial. The Sando has re-opened as 'The Newtown Social Club' which I went to last week. They only had Young Henry's Lager and the rest were commericial. Most pubs around Newtown only have one or two craft beers on tap at most and they generally tap the same beers e.g. Young Henry's, Vale, White Rabbit etc.

barls said:
lowenbrau
lord
harts (possibly lunch)
Damn it! I have no plans for any Saturday in May other than the 18th.

Would really liked to have come along to this.

Love the Aussie and the Lord Nelson. Haven't been to the Lowenbrau in years!

Will there be a part 2?

Ken

If someone can give a hand to a blind bloke I'll come along, fre public transport and couple of beers for the charity, none of my mates like good beer and would like to meet some brewers.

happy to offer a hand on the crawl,
dont know how much help ill be but happy to offer.
so all what time are we starting.

barls said:
happy to offer a hand on the crawl,
dont know how much help ill be but happy to offer.
I'm in, not hard to twist my arm!

barls said:
well the lowenbrau opens at 9 am so we just have to decide when we are leaving the lowenbrau, I can only stay to the afternoon so I'll be trying to get to the lowenbrau at 9

Back