Nsw Amateur Brewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has Dave's Homebrew been put into the loop for this as yet?

Would be nice to know, as my first ever, and one and only entry was kindly dropped off there for me by waggastew.

Just spoke to Dave's HB. All good, HUB got in contact yesterday so entries are good to go.

STew

Stew,

I spoke to Dave originally in May, and yesterday I spoke to Kevin. Kevin said that someone had come in and they had told them that they were a drop off point, but weren't sure of the cut off details or when they would be picked up. That's now been sorted, so as you say, it's all good.

If any clubs have collected a good number if entries from there members and would like us to pick them up when we collect the other entries, please let me know and we'll try and facilitate this.

Cheers,

Schooey

Ahhhh crap next wednsday.............. no access to any drop off ponts..... looks like i will be drinkin em myself. I havnt even had time to get my Roggen in the keg......... DANM work :(

Its good too :(

Oh well ..... maybe next year

Tony,

just post em if you have to. If you lived in Tamworth that is probably what you would have to do, so just do it. This is the NSW Comp, if you don't have access.... Then WTF!

Fear

well im not welcome in the LHBS so im guessing my beers arnt either, and im not posting my beers to sydney to be sent back to be judged not 20 min drive from my house at potters.

Its a long sad pathetic story... dont ask.

maybe next year

Hope it all goes like clockwork and the HUB folks put on the best comp in the land!..... im sure they will!!!!!

cheers

Can the organisers of this competition please contact me. I agreed to be a drop-off point some time ago and since then have heard nothing. No reply to an email of a week ago. People have been asking about leaving entries. I've told them to hang off as I haven't heard anything yet from the organisers. I do not want to be telling people in a week or so, "Sorry I still have your entries, no one came to pick them up."

Pat
Absolute Homebrew
And on bloody Facebook

Organisers, PLEASE confirm drop off points for Sydney. It seems that a week ago Dave Gumm hadn't been contacted, Pay Casey hasn't been contacted, and who knows about the shop in the south of Sydney. I believe that none of these shops are open tomorrow so TODAY is the cut off for entries.

Where are we supposed to take them ? The clock is ticking.

Organisers, PLEASE confirm drop off points for Sydney. It seems that a week ago Dave Gumm hadn't been contacted, Pay Casey hasn't been contacted, and who knows about the shop in the south of Sydney. I believe that none of these shops are open tomorrow so TODAY is the cut off for entries.

I am not sure what contact the drop-off points are expecting, but I can assure everyone that if you have agreed to be a drop-off point then you will be contacted after the closing date to arrange for any entries received to be collected. We were not planning to check back regularly that everything is still ok.

They don't have to be up in Newcastle by the closing date - as long as they are at the shops then we can get them up here, processed and stored ready for the comp weekend.

PM me if you need any more re-assurance.

Ted,

Your statement about nobody being contacted is not true. All the drop off points were contacted about being drop off points, and in that conversation I told them that I would personally pick the entries up after the dates. The details of the comp, on the flyer and in the info pack, are pretty self-explanatory, I'm not sure what else I needed to contact them for except to say hello?

I have been away for a week with work, Pat, so my apologies for not attending to your email, but I'll call you Tuesday (unless you PM me your number to contact you before) and have a chat with you then.

For the few that have enquired about EFT'ing funds for entries, the HUB bank account details are as follows;

Hunter United Brewers
BSB: 637000
Acc#: 717928016

Please ensure you use your name for the payment reference, and email your payment details to [email protected]

As it turns out, I'll be collecting the entries Next Thursday in person, so you have until COB Wedsneday to get them there, or to your local club for collation, or post them to Mark's Home Brew.

Any clubs that have a collection of entries, please contact me by PM or email before next Thursday.

I'm sorry if that isn't good enough for all of you, but we are a small-ish club made up of busy members. But we will ensure that this competition is run to the high standard expected of an AABC qualifier, and we will do our best to accommodate everyone's needs, but sometimes this just can't happen

Cheers,

Tony

Phew - that actually works in my favour as I thought i'd just missed the cutoff - i'll drop off an entry to Pat on Tuesday @ St Marys

Have the results of the comp been published yet? It's my first entry and I am keen to see how it all works.

Did many people travel up to the Hunter for it?

Have the results of the comp been published yet? It's my first entry and I am keen to see how it all works.

Did many people travel up to the Hunter for it?

Isn't it next weekend? ;)

Oops, looks like I am jumping the gun a bit!

Just a quick note to all kind enough to vounteer and are planning to come along and judge or steward, we will be kicking off at 10.30 am on the Friday, to allow those coming from Sydney to get here and leave at a sensible hour, and follow up on Saturday, kicking off at 9.30 am.

For those who don't know, Hunter Beer Co at Potters Brewery is on Wine Country drive, Nulkaba. Nulkaba is a couple of minutes drive North of the city of Cessnock on the Cessnock - Branxton road.

If anyone wishes to contact me for further details, please send me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call to discuss.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Schooey, I have a question - when will the placings results be published for this ? In my usual stupid manner, I drank my larder almost dry, so only have 1 extra bottle of each beer I am entering. The trouble is I want to enter them into the Castle Hill comp as well, but would kick myself forever if one of my beers placed in the state comp and I had no others to enter nationally.

Latest posts

Back