Nsw 2007 Homebrewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what about 2 x 330 ml stubbies :huh:

hehe only joking :p

mine are on their way.

I fully support the BOS round to remove the point difference factor between tables.

I have come a few points from the top before and often wondered about the score differences between judging tables.

After trying that berliner weisse at MHB's shop a bit before the comp..... i was not at all suprised it won.

good luck to all enterants.

May the hops be with you :lol:

cheers

one last bump...... is anyone traveling down from the newcastle/hunter valley area that could treat the beers a bit better than aussie post?

cheers

Ahh sh*t sorry I missed this request Tony, I drive between Newcastle and Wollongong every week and couldve dropped it off, just got back to the gong then and wont be doing another trip in time...

ITs all good mate

MHB ended up sending them for me which was greatly appreciated :beer:

they went by courier so they will only get a 5 point penalty, not the full 10 point Aussie post penalty :p

cheers

Guys and Girls
Not long to go so get your entries in, and remember all place getter's are eligible to enter the Australian Amateur Brewing Competition being judged by the IBU's at the end of November, I will post information soon.
Cheers
Ray
ENTRIES CLOSE THIS FRIDAY 5PM

if my 4 entries dont get there, Dave from Nth Syd is in big trouble !! <_<

(& none of them have Tooheys new labels ... :lol: )

cheers

Just a word of warning. Take your completed entry forms to ESB. Mel was kind enough to hang around for me to get there after work today, but it would have been handy had he had some forms on hand yesterday when I dropped the beers off.

Guys and Girls
Not long to go so get your entries in, and remember all place getter's are eligible to enter the Australian Amateur Brewing Competition being judged by the IBU's at the end of November, I will post information soon.
Cheers
Ray
ENTRIES CLOSE THIS FRIDAY 5PM
G'day Ray,

Isn't entry to the AABC conditional on a certain minimum score as well as a place in the comp?
We don't want any disappointments, just in case the abovementioned unexpected event occurs.

Apart from that, good luck to all entrants, stewards and judges. Unfortunately I have a prior commitment and will be elsewhere. Otherwise I'd really enjoy attending and doing some beer judging.
Judging and providing feedback at a state level certainly helps with your brewing skills and knowledge. I thoroughly recommend it if anyone else was thinking of offering to help out.

Beerz
Lesta :p

Isn't entry to the AABC conditional on a certain minimum score as well as a place in the comp?

Depends on weather they recognise your beer as a "beer" too. there were a few of us disapointed from that last year. I think you and your BOS beer were in that basket to hey Weizy

I doubt the "out there" beers i entered this year will get the privilage but if they do... i will drink their share :lol: Im after judge feedback. It really helps you to improve your beer.

cheers and good luck to all NSW state comp beers and brewers and thanks to ray and the IBU's for their work to make it happen.
:D

We don't want any disappointments, just in case the abovementioned unexpected event occurs.
Hi,

the minimum score requirement for progression to the nationals has been dropped - for this year only.

There were specific concerns raised about scores, for particular categories of beers, at other state competitions. In recognition of these concerns, and hopefully at the same time acknowledging that more effort must be made to promote uniform quality judging, it was decided that the minimum score requirement, > 60% of total possible points, would be dropped for this year only.

Depends on weather they recognise your beer as a "beer" too. there were a few of us disapointed from that last year. I think you and your BOS beer were in that basket to hey Weizy

I doubt the "out there" beers i entered this year will get the privilage but if they do... i will drink their share :lol: Im after judge feedback. It really helps you to improve your beer.

cheers and good luck to all NSW state comp beers and brewers and thanks to ray and the IBU's for their work to make it happen.
This year all states agreed to adopt a uniform set of guidelines, so that the national categories are identical to those used by the states. This should hopefully greatly reduce the stress, disgruntlement and all round PITA factor that has existed in the past.

Cheers,

Keith

ps I am not sure is disgruntlement is a word - but you get the idea.

Well Tony, I don't want to mention the war, and deliberately avoided that in my previous post. No point living in the past.

ATM, I supping a stubbie (poured into a glass, of course) of my Old/Strong ale, grateful that MHB sent my beers off today...and it's more than 3, so I may have a chance at best exhibitor. Happy with whatever I get, though.

I've got a couple of out-there beers too. Yep, it's true that competition improves the breed.
Les out :p

Touch and go on whether I'd enter this year.
Just got three bottles filled. So if I can do the paper work over breakfast I should be good to get them in to Dave @ Nth Sydney before the deadline end of tomorrow.
Good luck AHB'ers.

Doc

Back