Not Getting Much Head

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As has been mentioned, for the easiest way add some dry wheat malt.
For more effort, add some grain.

Or if you want to cheat, go and buy some Headmaster glasses :)

I'm using one tonight filled with a Coopers Sparkling, and it's thick and
creamy right down to the last drop.

To see what kind of magic this glass can work I must get around to testing it on a VB.
If it can get that to hold a head it'll work on anything.

I'm using one tonight filled with a Coopers Sparkling, and it's thick and
creamy right down to the last drop.

Me to had coopers sparkling ale in tooheys new schooner glass keep head all the way to the bottem like a guiness,
the trick is to rinse in boiling hot water then put them back into the fridge, dont let it come in contact with soap suds, I do however if others were to use my glass's, give them a quick rinse with neo-pink put prefer the hot water method!

I wasn't suggesting headmaster was the solution, but rather something that might "assist" and keep 2beers brewing long enough (this time) to sort out his trouble getting head ;) The bubbles produced by the lasered nucleation points are tiny and there for won't "give you" a head, they will however support a correctly brewed and carbonated beer served in a clean, dry glass. If your having trouble pouring into a headmaster it might be that your carbonation levels are too high? been there done that... but I'd always much rather a highly carbed beer over a flat one regardless of [most] styles - just my taste... and my 2c.

Excellent guys - I will be bottling today and let you all kno what happens .............in a couple of weeks.

2beers

If your having trouble pouring into a headmaster it might be that your carbonation levels are too high? been there done that

I see your point but I don't think so - I get a fine pour in other glassware. The only way to get one with the Headmasters is to tilt the shit out of the glass like a n00b.

I see your point but I don't think so - I get a fine pour in other glassware. The only way to get one with the Headmasters is to tilt the shit out of the glass like a n00b.

Which I am <_< just trying to offer something outside the square... though I don't really have issues with the glasses.

Wasn't meaning to call anyone a n00b. Was just saying that if I need to put the handbrake on when pouring in one specific glass only then the problem is most likely that glass.

Back