Not Again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parks said:
Sorry mate. That's absolute rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are!

Ducatiboy stu said:
I thought methanol turned milky in water
So did I.
The shit we distilled in PNG certainly did, but we were not using an elaborate set up, and never drank a drop. Our wash was wildly fermented pineapples, banana's and sugar fruit (passion fruit). They were already kinda doing it, I was just making it a little safer for them to drink.

Greg.L said:
In Eastern Europe the traditional stills are used for making home brew plum brandy, slivovitz etc. The plums are crushed and then fermented "on the skins" in 40gal drums, not pressed first. Then the fermented plum marc is poured straight into the still to produce the brandy. They even grow a special cultivar of plums for making brandy. The still is shared around the village so everyone can make their own brandy. Fascinating tradition, you can see it on youtube.

The Serbs I worked with always told me this, their English was real poor, as they were still living there, but they gave me a heap of photos I've still got on a hard drive somewhere. Crazy massive stills and open top drums everywhere.

Moderation

Whilst I do appreciate that most of the discussion in this thread is regarding the legalities and personal health, some of these posts are stepping over the line, please understand our position. There are quite a few other forums where this can be discussed.

AHB does not endorse or support discussion of illegal activity such as distilling alcohol or methods of how to achieve this, any discussion of the process associated is not encouraged, a link to forums by mods/admin or members cannot provided for legal reasons, thanks for your cooperation on this matter.

Thanks

Back