Noob saying hi

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stromrider

Reaction score
Hiya

Name's Rob - live in Perth and keen to learn more about homebrew.
Have done the Coopers thing before with a good result but keen to start learning how to do different types.

My favourite beers would be Monteith's Black Beer and Feral Karma Citra, so I'm going to have to learn how to brew dark beer.

Looking forward to getting into this.

Cheers
Rob

A warm G'day stromrider,

Where I hit home with all grain brewing was with the dark ales. It was an amazing porter. I still have no idea if it was excellent because I was so impressionable and enthusiastic or simply because it happened to be frigging skookum.

I have ordered some white labs yeast through Steve at hoppy days to help me negotiate a 13% Super RIS that I liked the look of here on AHB. Dark, heavy, thick ales are my choice for winter with a fire.

Brewing characters here are great. Suppliers are genuine and accountable for quality. Engineering, science, electronics level support are in the halls of chit chat too.

Have a blast. Catch you around AHB from time to time :)

:beerbang:

zorsoc_cosdog said:
A warm G'day stromrider,

Where I hit home with all grain brewing was with the dark ales. It was an amazing porter. I still have no idea if it was excellent because I was so impressionable and enthusiastic or simply because it happened to be frigging skookum.

I have ordered some white labs yeast through Steve at hoppy days to help me negotiate a 13% Super RIS that I liked the look of here on AHB. Dark, heavy, thick ales are my choice for winter with a fire.

Brewing characters here are great. Suppliers are genuine and accountable for quality. Engineering, science, electronics level support are in the halls of chit chat too.

Have a blast. Catch you around AHB from time to time :)

:beerbang:
Out of curiosity, which recipe?

Welcome stromrider, hope you have a big shed ;)

G'day stromrider (power rider?)

I started home brewing beer... geeze, 7 years ago! because it was very difficult to get good dark ales locally.
Stuff like porters and Munich Dunkel*.

You can find a wealth of information on this here forum.

* Obviously Munich Dunkel is a lager.

Yob said:
Out of curiosity, which recipe?

Welcome stromrider, hope you have a big shed ;)
This one... follow her......go on click to discover

(*Basic trust exercises are part of the internet. price and participation may vary. Call your store for details)

yup,
monster super
15 13.

cosdog's memory perfect

Edit2: Fly sparge with -6.08 l.......if I need to drink 6.08l of first runnings to get this off ground then I'm gunna....commit to win!

Latest posts

Back