Hey Guys - Relative Noob here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MADogSKI

Reaction score
Hey Guys, just thought i'd say hey from the mid north coast. I've done a few Can and Kilo beers in the past but have recently bought a Keg-King 2300w Boiler BIAB kit and am now in the process of fermenting my very first All Grain Beer as well as using the hot cube method. Looking forward to seeing how my first American Pale goes. Hope it's not a flop as I have a lot to learn :)

Hey Guys, just thought i'd say hey from the mid north coast. I've done a few Can and Kilo beers in the past but have recently bought a Keg-King 2300w Boiler BIAB kit and am now in the process of fermenting my very first All Grain Beer as well as using the hot cube method. Looking forward to seeing how my first American Pale goes. Hope it's not a flop as I have a lot to learn :)
Greetings, and you have a lot to learn. Anyone can make beer, its making a good beer that makes the difference.;)

Welcome, BIAB is a great way to get into AG (all grain) brewing without taking out a second mortgage.
Yes there's a fair bit to learn, but remember that you can make it as simple or as complicated as you want, there's plenty of good beer made in a bucket.
There are two absolute essentials, sanitation, and temp control, after that it's pretty much down to personal choice.
Good luck with the APA, one of the brews I've got going right now is an Imperial APA, second day of a 200gm dry hop (19L) the man cave smells delicious.
No idea about your level of expertise or the gear you have, but just ask if there's anything you're not sure about.
A fully temp controlled fermentation chamber with change out of $200 for example, easy peasy. :cheers:

Welcome,

I was looking at buying that combo from KK as well - very good value indeed! Love to hear how you go with it as I'm transitioning across into non-kit brews now myself. Haha I'm also seriously considering the cube/no-chill technique too - thats if I can get my head around mastering the hopping aspect of it. :)

Latest posts

Back